PDA

View Full Version : 2 cars to detail need help

Vw Gti
04-30-2006, 06:36 PM
Next week i will be detailing a few of my friends cars.

Car 1: 2003 (I think) Acura RSX A Spec. Black color. He is an airbrush artist at my store so he does not have time to deeply clean it except a short wash. HE informed me that he has never waxed his car before.

My attack:

-Wash with Meguiars NXT car wash

-Clay with ClayMagic

-:A-P21S Paintwork Cleanser

or

-:B-SSR 1 or SSR2 with SFX-2 blue pad OR SFX-1 white pad OR dual action orange light cutting pad

- IPA wipedown in between polish coats (If using SSR since it has some fillers)

-Wolfgang Glaze

-P21S concours wax.

Car 2: 2001 VW Golf GLS. Black color. HOLY MOLY. The car is swirl mark heaven. Paint has quiet a few scratches from a fast look.

My attack:

-Wash with Meguiars NXT car wash

-Clay with ClayMagic

-SSR3 with Dual action orange light cutting pad OR SFX-1 yellow pad.

-IPA wipedown between polishes

-Wolfgang Glaze

-P21S concours wax

Please give advise if i should hcange anything.

Driven-528e
04-30-2006, 07:19 PM
My one suggestion would be to drop the P21S paintwork cleanser. Its too mild to do anything, especially on a surface thats never been waxed.

Hope it goes well! Take lots of pics

Vw Gti
04-30-2006, 08:08 PM
Can i add a nice layer of AIO after the polish but before the glaze and wax?

EMazda3S
05-01-2006, 04:47 AM
1st car, wondering if you need the IPA wipedown before the Wolfgang Glaze but I am not familiar with that product. Is it just a glaze?

I thought the SSR`s didn`t contain any fillers?

2nd car, you may need a less abrasive polish to get rid of your hazing after SSR 3 on a black car. I see you list SSR 3 OR SSR1, you may need to do both in sequence.

I agree with likely bagging the P21S cleanser, especially if that person had never waxed his car. It likely needs more correction than that.

Eric

Vw Gti
05-01-2006, 05:51 AM
I will definetely use ssr3 and ssr1. I was thinking of doing like 3 passes with ssr3 or 2 passes and 2 passes with ssr1.

Accumulator
05-01-2006, 09:33 AM
VwGti- Yeah, skip the P21S GEPC.

IMO you`ll need a finer polish on the VW after using the aggressive stuff but before the glaze/etc. Use it with a regular polishing pad. OK, your latest post sounds like you plan to do this :xyxthumbs

I wouldn`t try putting glaze over top of AIO. I only use glazes when I`m not using stuff lie AIO and I only use AIO when I`m using SG too, but that`s just me. Glazes are different today from (way back in the day) when I started, but I`d wonder about bonding issues. At any rate, I don`t see any real benefit to using the AIO on these jobs, I`d just polish, glaze, and wax.

Vw Gti
05-01-2006, 09:56 AM
Thanks. I wont be able to do AIO anyway, aint got the money right now. I tried to get my parents to buy it but they could not :`(. Maybe if i give my dad a few beers he will order.

Hopefully all goes well. I will take before and after pictures to compare to. How many pases should i make on the acura? I am not sure how soft or thin the CC is on Acura`s.

Accumulator
05-01-2006, 10:55 AM
How many pases should i make on the acura? I am not sure how soft or thin the CC is on Acura`s.

No idea, never did one. Just inspect after each pass and see what it takes (and what you`re willing to do ;) ).