PDA

View Full Version : EX or UPP

chad
05-17-2003, 04:35 PM
Would like to try one of these sealants on a White Auto. Are they about the same or is one better then the other for White? Have done a search but would like some added advice.
Thanks,
Chad

Thomasfl
05-17-2003, 06:16 PM
with white I highly recommend, AIO and then UPP. IMO that is the best combo for white. Before this combo I never got white to look good, well not amazing good.

Boss_429
05-17-2003, 06:26 PM
chad,

My guess is you`ll be happy with either one. However, I`ve found the synthetics like Zaino, Klasse and I`m sure UPP........ really help white, and other light colors stand out more. Having said that, I haven`t had the chance to try EX, so it may look equally nice.

Tassadar
05-17-2003, 08:33 PM
I just got through doing a 140k mile 90 Mustang that is white and still has the original paint. I used Megs #6 followed by Megs #26, I was quite impressed.

NattyBumppo
05-17-2003, 09:07 PM
Can`t go wrong either way. Both will rock your world. If you like the sealant look more so than carnauba then go with UPP. If you like more of the carnauba style gloss then go EX. EX actually has some carnauba in it along with the polymer resins whereas UPP is 100% slick polymer (and I do mean slick).

Man, life is good when you have to pick between products like these!

Natty

chad
05-17-2003, 10:32 PM
Thanks to everyone who posted a reply. Seems as if no matter which product I end up choosing I can`t go wrong. Life is good.
Chad

blkZ28Conv
05-18-2003, 05:17 AM
As Natty stated Chad you will love both. I have limited experience with UPP but my initial opinion is that it is a very fine product. UPP would be at the top if not for Poorboy`s EX.:cool:
What I like about the Poorboy`s EX is the system he has developed for it. SSR-1 as a paint cleanser (mild polish), EX ( carnauba enforced resin sealant), QD+ ( a carnauba based QD/ quick wax) and Spray & Wipe ( which can be used as a light cleaning agent or QD). With these tools one is able to maintain a clean pristine car while enhancing the EX protection and appearance (S&W and QD+) between washes.
Actually you should try both and experiment with different applications. UPP as base and EX as topper or EX as base and UPP as topper, etc, etc,etc.

JimS
05-18-2003, 08:00 AM
My truck is white and I love the look of the EX. I had Zaino on it and I lilke the EX much better, especially with the Spray and Wipe. It actually gives white "pop".

Boss_429
05-18-2003, 10:26 AM
JimS,

If you like EX on white better than Zaino, than I`m really looking forward to trying EX. Zaino was the only product that I found would give my last truck (white) some "oomph"! Of course, there was no UPP, or EX when I started using Zaino.

Thomasfl
05-18-2003, 12:28 PM
By the way I was blown away with adding a layer of EX over my 5 layers of UPP. I haven`t tried it the other way yet though. But my point is that it might be worth your while to have both of these in the arsenal. Plus they are both priced very reasonably.

chad
05-18-2003, 06:55 PM
When I place my order I`ll be purchasing both the Platium and the Poorboys line to try them both.
After all the advise everyone has given me in regards to my question I have to find out which products I feel look the best on my auto.
Thanks to all.
Chad