PDA

View Full Version : We are to cheap!!!

doged
04-30-2006, 05:44 AM
I was analyzing some carpet cleaning advertising and noticed what they charge to clean a sofa. To have a franchise carpet cleaning company come out to your house and clean your leather sofa is $169.00, $139.00 for fabric . WOW, are front and back seats of a car the size of a sofa? Yes!!!

Setec Astronomy
04-30-2006, 06:04 AM
Doesn`t this go along with the observation that an automobile is the second largest investment that people make, yet most treat it like crap? If a woman spills something on her $150 blouse she rushes to clean it off, yet she lets bird poop sit on her $15,000 (or more) car. So I can kind of believe that people would pay that amount to have their sofa cleaned, but balk at paying that much to have their entire car cleaned. Go figure.

imported_Detailing Technology
04-30-2006, 06:49 AM
People justify spending the money on the couch because the cleaning aaprears to last longer.

The cars finished appearance decreaes much more rapidly than the fabric couch.

doged
04-30-2006, 07:13 AM
East and West Coast should be charging $350 to $400 to detail a car properly comparing the two services. Given the time and pay we could really do some excellent work.

Is it the consumer or the detailers that control the price? The deal with the sofa or carpet is you cant load it up and take it to a tunnel car wash.. The best think that can happen for us premium detailers is the government makes it a felony to have “illegal’s†working in this country. You think the tunnel car wash will have to charge more?

stilez
04-30-2006, 07:32 AM
East and West Coast should be charging $350 to $400 to detail a car properly comparing the two services. Given the time and pay we could really do some excellent work.

Is it the consumer or the detailers that control the price? The deal with the sofa or carpet is you cant load it up and take it to a tunnel car wash.. The best think that can happen for us premium detailers is the government makes it a felony to have “illegal’s†working in this country. You think the tunnel car wash will have to charge more?

I know a detailer on this site (who will remain anonymous) who charged and received $875 for detailing a Lincoln Navigator. It was one of those details that everything got exactly what it needed, and I mean EVERYTHING. He put about 25 hours into the job. If that is doable, anything is.

A method of thought that has some relevance here is: "If they`re going to pay $225 to have it detailed, they will pay $300 if the caliber of work is above the rest". The main thing you (the detailer) has to do is portray your work effectively and how it is leaps and bounds beyonds the others.

imported_hooked
04-30-2006, 07:37 AM
Doesn`t this go along with the observation that an automobile is the second largest investment that people make, yet most treat it like crap? If a woman spills something on her $150 blouse she rushes to clean it off, yet she lets bird poop sit on her $15,000 (or more) car. So I can kind of believe that people would pay that amount to have their sofa cleaned, but balk at paying that much to have their entire car cleaned. Go figure.

Society in general judges others by their personal appearance and next the appearance of their homes. Judging people by the appearance of their cars is lower on the list, even though it is a larger investment than a couch or blouse.

doged
04-30-2006, 07:37 AM
I know a detailer on this site (who will remain anonymous) who charged and received $875 for detailing a Lincoln Navigator. It was one of those details that everything got exactly what it needed, and I mean EVERYTHING. He put about 25 hours into the job. If that is doable, anything is..

That’s only $35 a hour? Dude that’s not a good example!!!

Scottwax
04-30-2006, 08:24 AM

Convincing the customer that the premium price is worth it can be tough though. The average soccer mom with a Suburban isn`t going to pay a high end price since she won`t maintain her vehicle at a high enough level to make it worth the cost. Someone who drives a high dollar car is the target for premium pricing. Problem is, in many markets there aren`t enough high dollar cars to fully fill out a detailer`s schedule so you have to take the soccer mom vehicles and be satisfied doing a two step on the paint for less than a premium price mult-step detail (two steps meets and usually exceeds their expectations anyway) so you can be busy all the time.

The best think that can happen for us premium detailers is the government makes it a felony to have “illegal’s” working in this country. You think the tunnel car wash will have to charge more?

Definitely in agreement there. Too bad both parties see illegal immigration not as the crime it is but as a way to get 12 million new voters. :mad:

doged
04-30-2006, 10:26 AM
Convincing the customer that the premium price is worth it can be tough though. The average soccer mom with a Suburban isn`t going to pay a high end price since she won`t maintain her vehicle at a high enough level to make it worth the cost. Someone who drives a high dollar car is the target for premium pricing. Problem is, in many markets there aren`t enough high dollar cars to fully fill out a detailer`s schedule so you have to take the soccer mom vehicles and be satisfied doing a two step on the paint for less than a premium price mult-step detail (two steps meets and usually exceeds their expectations anyway) so you can be busy all the time.

Definitely in agreement there. Too bad both parties see illegal immigration not as the crime it is but as a way to get 12 million new voters. :mad:

Yep, been fortunate and making some good money on the ladies cars. Did a hot moms 05 Volvo station wagon for $220, took 3 hours. Have a clean 05 F250 ,Merc SUV, 05 CAD coming up, $250 and $200. Thank God for the "Hot Soccer Moms"!!!

I will spare sarcasms about the illegals and only say Congress should be first to go.