PDA

View Full Version : How do I apply Souverän?

ChiliCooperS
04-29-2006, 02:17 PM
Okay totally stupid question here but i am sorta confused. I finally ordered and recieved all my detailing supplies from autogeek, and Im rarin` to use them this weekend. My final step is applying 2 coats of Pinnacle Souverän. I am familiar with applying products such as NXT and Zaino, but am really lost on how to apply this pure wax. I mean from looking at it, it seems un-appliable. It`s sorta hard, and all in one piece the shape of the tub it comes in. So to make everything come out to a brilliant, red, wet, shine how do I use this stuff??

:waxing: :help:

Thanks

Mike

nudave
04-29-2006, 02:22 PM
That tub should and would last you forever. My favorite is to apply with a foam applicator. They are getting harder and harder to find as time goes by. (Locally) Apply in a thin coat (don`t cake it on!). Should go on/off with ease.

strat81
04-29-2006, 02:39 PM
Ditto for application with a small foam applicator. If not, a small MF folded up will work. Just swipe the pad or MF against the surface of the wax and then apply sparingly to the paint.

ed2065
04-29-2006, 04:27 PM
Ditto for application with a small foam applicator. If not, a small MF folded up will work. Just swipe the pad or MF against the surface of the wax and then apply sparingly to the paint.

Here is a C-5 corvette with 1 coat of Souverän on it. Just wipe it on a panal then wipe it off. That easy, and a little bit goes a long way.

JohnZ3MC
04-29-2006, 09:59 PM
My Souveran came in a little package that included a booklet, a yellow foam applicator and a delightful (I`m stretching it here) little gold bag that held the can of wax and the applicator pad. Gold was a good choice for the bag because here in Canada, it`s worth it`s weight in gold.

The booklet says (I`m paraphrasing) Apply in the shade, use the applicator (or a little patch of towel or microfiber) and apply a small amount to the applicator. Apply a thin coat to the car. I did about a 2 x 2 ft. area. Don`t let it dry but switch to a microfiber towel and buff it off immediately. The booklet stressed it doesn`t have to dry or haze.

So, apply, no dry, and buff to a high shine. Repeat with the next section.

I have a small car and the process was very quick and effortless like most invariably mention when they talk about Souveran. Hint: wear sunglasses.

-John C.

RCBuddha
04-29-2006, 10:11 PM
Take a clean foam (or MF) applicator, lightly swipe into the jar, apply and spread onto a panel. Let haze, and then remove. Applied thinly, it should haze pretty quickly and it should take little to no effort remove.

links of interest about letting it haze vs WOWO: http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10960&highlight=souveran

http://autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=67330&highlight=WoWo