PDA

View Full Version : WW prices... why the diff?

strat81
04-28-2006, 09:28 PM
Maybe someone can fill me in on why the prices of WW MF towels vary so widely. For example (in no particular order):

www.danaseDOTcom - Poorboy`s WW 24"x36" 864 sq" $11.95

www.exceldetailDOTcom - Excel Montery WW 25"x35" 875 sq" $10.49

www.autogeekDOTnet - Supreme Guzzler WW 20"x40" 800 sq" $19.99

www.properautocareDOTcom - Big Blue II WW 25"x36" 900 sq" $19.95

www.pakshakDOTcom - Micropak WW 25"x36" 900 sq" $18.00

www.autopia-carcareDOTcom - Sonus Ultimate WW 25"x36" 900 sq" $14.99 (sale $12.99 currently)

These are some of the most-often mentioned vendors on the board so I assume they would not be selling sub-par products. That being said, based one the pictures provided, the Danase & Excel towls don`t appear to have bound edges (no silk or satin borders). Autogeek, Proper Auto, and Pakshak all claim to have silk edges and Autopia`s Sonus towel is satin.

I intentionally left out the Walmart WW dish towels that a few of us have purchased because even if they were the same quality as the others, Walmart is in a class by itself as far as businesses go (for better or for worse).

I`m sure members will have opinions, but I`m particularly interested in what the vendors themselves have to say. I`m not trying to stir trouble or slander any vendors or sponsors. Aside from the WW in question, there are certainly other factors to take into consideration when ordering such as shipping costs, customer service, product selection, sales, discounts, freebies, etc.

:spot

Setec Astronomy
04-28-2006, 09:42 PM
I think forum rules prevent non-sponsor vendors from answering your questions. The short, smart-aleck response is "for the same reason regular MF pricing varies so widely". I have four of the six towels you mention, and out of that group are three very different towels (one is a duplicate). I have another towel that is probably the same as the other two...so I`m saying that you link at least four distinctly different towels, so there should be no surprise that they are at different price points.

The hardest thing with MF towels is that although there are many different towels, sizes, and quality levels, frequently the same towel is sold at varying price points. The good thing is that there are so many good towels available at such good pricing, much better than a couple of years ago.

DocHoliday
04-28-2006, 10:02 PM
Honestly I have had a bunch and always go back to my Megs ones