PDA

View Full Version : Glaze with Rejex on top?

Scott inHouston
04-28-2006, 08:10 PM
Are carnuba`s the only thing you can put over glaze?

I`ve been using 3M Hand Glaze + Blitz Wax for years with good results, but I`ve stumbled onto Rejex and LOVE it.

Anyway, it`s not a carnuba, and I wanted to know if using the 3M hand glaze before applying would still work?

I`m applying this to a 2006 Interlagos Blue M5.

imported_hadboosttroy
04-28-2006, 08:16 PM
first off, awesome car :) post some pics when you get a chance.

there aren`t a lot of rejex users here from my experience, but from knowing what i do about rejex, my guess is a glaze would not work, the rejex wouldn`t bond. i would use something like klasse aio before the rejex.

Scott inHouston
04-28-2006, 08:35 PM
first off, awesome car :) post some pics when you get a chance.

there aren`t a lot of rejex users here from my experience, but from knowing what i do about rejex, my guess is a glaze would not work, the rejex wouldn`t bond. i would use something like klasse aio before the rejex.

I wondered if Rejex was used much around here. I have been trying pretty much everything and on the Porsche boards (which I moderate), it`s pretty popular. Porsche paint sucks, and the guys on there seem to think it works very well.

The One Grand Blitz wax I`ve really liked, but Rejex is supposed to be EXTREMELY durable and it shines just as well. Also, it`s the slickest feeling thing I`ve ever applied.

What you`re guessing about Rejex not bonding was my thought as well. I thought about putting Rejex on first, then glaze, then rejex again or maybe carnuba then...

Thanks for the help!!

Here`s a pic of my challenge to keep looking nice:

http://files.photojerk.com/svogan/IMG_2714.JPG

I`ve been working with this easy color up to now...

http://files.photojerk.com/svogan/club1.jpg

imported_hadboosttroy
04-29-2006, 06:24 PM
those are two beautiful rides you have there.

if you have the time, you might as well experiment with the glaze and rejex for fun. but if you don`t have the time, I wouldn`t chance it. I`ve heard good things about rejex as well, just doesn`t seem to be the preference here is all.