PDA

View Full Version : Plan for brand new Honda Odyssey in White...

Jester747
04-28-2006, 12:33 AM
Hi all,

Complete newb, veteran lurker. Just bought a white 06 Odyssey... based on what I`ve read here, I`ve tried to come up with a basic wash/wax plan, (this is my first washing of the vehicle)... here are some specifics about me and the vehicle:

Me:

Do NOT have the time to detail very often (run my own business). Probably want to keep it down to 2-3 times per year.

Car:

Will be garage kept. Will NOT be a commuter, currently is, but in a couple of months will be handed over to the wife for her excusive use, which means it will be in the garage, 22+ hours a day.

My plan:

1- Meg`s NXT car wash

2- Claymagic (While washing)

3- Klasse AIO

4- Klasse SG

<wait 12 hours>

5- Klasse SG

6- Mother`s Carnauba (I have a bottle currently) or should I really spring for P21S on a white car?

Comments, suggestions?? I realize the carnauba will not last long, but figured it would add some oomph to make all the effort seem worth it on my first detail of the van. Maybe it`ll motivate me to find the time to reapply often.

Which brings me to my next question... between complete details, what should I do? Wash, dry, and wax? Or will more SG be needed?

Thanks!

Jester

DocHoliday
04-28-2006, 12:48 AM
Geez Scott you are still up?

Jester747
04-28-2006, 10:49 AM
Geez Scott you are still up?

Me Scott??? No way... I`m not rich... :chuckle:

Ed Fisher
04-28-2006, 10:52 AM
I would go and apply carnauba 2 layers with 24 hrs in between ISO Klasse SG... In fact I apply three layers of carnauba with 24 hrs in between...

Jester747
04-28-2006, 11:00 AM
I would go and apply carnauba 2 layers with 24 hrs in between ISO Klasse SG... In fact I apply three layers of carnauba with 24 hrs in between...

OK, so after first SG, wait 24 hours, apply next SG... then wait another 24 hours and apply three layers of carnauba. No need to wait between carnaubas right?

Thanks!

Ed Fisher
04-28-2006, 11:04 AM
OK, so after first SG, wait 24 hours, apply next SG... then wait another 24 hours and apply three layers of carnauba. No need to wait between carnaubas right?

Thanks!

No, let the carnauba cure for 24 hrs...

Jester747
04-28-2006, 11:11 AM
Thanks Murat!

So I will have three layers of carnauba over the two of SG... 24 hours between each layer.

SG->24hrs->SG->24hrs->Carnauba->24hrs->Carnauba->24hrs->Carnauba.

Ouch... my shoulder`s aching already!

Then when I wash it next time, just wash, and reapply some Carnauba? No need for anymore SG until next complete detail, right?

Ed Fisher
04-28-2006, 11:18 AM
Thanks Murat!

So I will have three layers of carnauba over the two of SG... 24 hours between each layer.

SG->24hrs->SG->24hrs->Carnauba->24hrs->Carnauba->24hrs->Carnauba.

Ouch... my shoulder`s aching already!

Then when I wash it next time, just wash, and reapply some Carnauba? No need for anymore SG until next complete detail, right?

Yes the sequence is right. But I don`t think you would need the carnauba re-coating sooner than a month. Instead, if I were you, I would wash and apply some Meg`s Quik Wax...Also for daily touch ups, I use Meg`s QD and QW sequentially... Could work for you too...

Good luck. And the Odyssey is a fantastic car. I rented and drove one in Osaka, Japan. They come with a standard GPS and "talking map in some 7 languages (maybe the RAC version had that.) It is a great and very versatile vehicle... It was of a satin grey color. The only thing I felt bad was the right hand steering wheel...

imported_smprince1
04-28-2006, 11:41 AM
Just check to make the sure Mother`s Carnauba is a pure wax and not a cleaner wax. It seems most of the Mother`s stuff I see in stores around here is cleaner wax.

Jester747
04-28-2006, 12:04 PM
Yes the sequence is right. But I don`t think you would need the carnauba re-coating sooner than a month. Instead, if I were you, I would wash and apply some Meg`s Quik Wax...Also for daily touch ups, I use Meg`s QD and QW sequentially... Could work for you too...

Good luck. And the Odyssey is a fantastic car. I rented and drove one in Osaka, Japan. They come with a standard GPS and "talking map in some 7 languages (maybe the RAC version had that.) It is a great and very versatile vehicle... It was of a satin grey color. The only thing I felt bad was the right hand steering wheel...

Cool, I have some Meg`s QD currently... would just need to get QW...

Yeah, we`re really enjoying the van... it`s got so many bells and whistles it`s baffling.... I can`t believe this thing gets 29mpg too... would highly recommend it.

Hey, to anybody in the Tampa area, I found a local place that carries the Klasse line... don`t know if I can post that info here, but thought somebody might like to know it is possible to buy it locally.

Jester747
04-28-2006, 12:06 PM
Just check to make the sure Mother`s Carnauba is a pure wax and not a cleaner wax. It seems most of the Mother`s stuff I see in stores around here is cleaner wax.

Will do, thanks for the pointer...

banana4yah
04-28-2006, 04:16 PM
Just to add my opinion. If you can only detail for 2-3 times a year, I would not put on a carnauba. Just leave SG and layer the SG. 2-3 layers of SG almost guarentees 6 months of protection. Once you go carnauba, you can`t go back to SG. I would just stick with SG. A sealant looks great on white anyways.

Ed Fisher
04-29-2006, 12:28 PM
Just to add my opinion. If you can only detail for 2-3 times a year, I would not put on a carnauba. Just leave SG and layer the SG. 2-3 layers of SG almost guarentees 6 months of protection. Once you go carnauba, you can`t go back to SG. I would just stick with SG. A sealant looks great on white anyways.

We are talking about a Honda with the Honda Pearl White. Just leaving that color with a sealant and no depth is no different than murder IMO... That color needs all the depth you can give it...

I` d drop the sealant instead since it` s a brand new vehicle and smear the babe with a good quality carnauba (white is said to be better than gold but as far as I am concerned, white is better than gold when we talk about Baccardi !) :cool:

And I never believed that any top layer product would last longer than 3 or 4 washes... you can always get rid of a dead layer of any product with warm water and a dishwashing detergent... Go wash her with Dawn and there it goes...