PDA

View Full Version : quick detailer and sealant ????`s

Envious Eric
04-27-2006, 04:12 PM
best meguiars sealant...would you consider nxt close a sealant???

or #20/21? - what are the advantages of synthetic vs. polymer.....do you think that one has a better shine? are they used for different situations?

also, is this the same thing as the quick detailer, you just mix your own????http://meguiars.com/?detailer-paint-care/Last-Touch-Spray-Detailer

Is there a quick detailer that is sold by the gallon so that I dont have to keep throwing away these bottles?

SDeanda
04-27-2006, 04:59 PM
NXT is close to a Sealant, if your using it for personal vehicles by hand or D/A and you can wax the car 3-4 times a year it is great. If your looking to do a lot of vehicles by hand, D/A or Rotary I would use M21 for Darker Vehicles to get the luster. If it was a light colored car and I only wanted to put a layer of protection on a few times a year I would use #20 because it is a pure wax, the other two have a light polish in them which makes the dark colors look wet!

There is a difference between Quik Detailer the "mist and wipe" and Quick Detailer #66 in the gallon bottles. #66 is an aggressive Cleaner/Wax. If you looking to get a "Mist and Wipe" in a larger size either #34 Final Inspection is great but does not add a ton of gloss but cleans exceptionally or Last Touch in the Detailing Line is ready to use and will add gloss and is great final detail product, I find it has more gloss and slickness than Quik Detailer. I love this product living in AZ with 2 Black Cars.

blue-sun
04-27-2006, 06:03 PM
I just started a thread about how 3 layers of NXT have lasted on a outdoor 24/7 car for 10+ months.

Best sealant for your dollar in my opinion.

Alfisti
04-27-2006, 11:33 PM
SDeanda, welcome to Autopia. I hope you don`t mind me clarifying a couple of your statements. :D

NXT is close to a Sealant

NXT is a sealant, as its fully synthetic.

I would use #20 because it is a pure wax, the other two have a light polish in them which makes the dark colors look wet!

#20 is like #21 - both syntetic, both contain cleaners, not pure sealants, but #21 is newer and better.

a.k.a. Patrick
04-28-2006, 07:53 AM
I just started a thread about how 3 layers of NXT have lasted on a outdoor 24/7 car for 10+ months.

Best sealant for your dollar in my opinion.

Thats also largely due in part to your frequent quick detailing......Im certain what your seeing is your quick detailer, as opossed to any NXT sealant....

Scottwax
04-28-2006, 08:32 AM
Thats also largely due in part to your frequent quick detailing......Im certain what your seeing is your quick detailer, as opossed to any NXT sealant....

It helps but if the wax/sealant protection isn`t there, QDs added pop and slickness won`t last long at all.

Best way to get a lot of QD at a minimal cost is Optimum No Rinse. You can wash your car at least 100 times and make 4 gallons of QD with a single gallon of Optimum No Rinse Wash. Breaks down like this: 1 oz per wash for 100 washes, 6 oz per gallon of water for a QD for a total of 4 gallons of QD with 4 oz left over for 4 more washes (total 104). Plus you save on water not having to rinse and the polymers in ONR add some slickness each time you wash. Not bad for around $35.

I am sure you`d be happy with either #21 or NXT. #20 is also very good.

mx5
04-28-2006, 10:04 AM
#21 is a pure synthetic according to the Meguiar`s forum, so it would be a good sealant. #20 has some natural waxes in it, so it is not a pure polymer synthetic sealant, and may not protect as long. They added the waxes to give it a more natural look. Polymers have come a long way, and now mimic the natural look of pure waxes, as in Meguiar`s NXT and #21, so they no longer need to add them. #20 has been around for years. Below is a link to everything you need to know about #21.

http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=3701&perpage=10&pagenumber=5

"Meguiar`s new paint sealant contains no Carnauba wax or any natural ingredient as far as the protection value is concerned. NXT Generation Tech Wax is still Meguiar`s best protecting product."

Alfisti
04-28-2006, 07:45 PM
#21 is a pure synthetic according to the Meguiar`s forum, so it would be a good sealant. #20 has some natural waxes in it, so it is not a pure polymer synthetic sealant, and may not protect as long. They added the waxes to give it a more natural look.

I stand corrected. :o

From Megs website:

"Polymer Sealant is a unique blends of polymers, silicones and imported waxes that creates a brilliant high gloss finish that outlasts all other waxes. Safe and effective on all paint finishes, including clear coats."

strat81
04-28-2006, 08:10 PM
best meguiars sealant...would you consider nxt close a sealant???

or #20/21? - what are the advantages of synthetic vs. polymer.....do you think that one has a better shine? are they used for different situations?

also, is this the same thing as the quick detailer, you just mix your own????http://meguiars.com/?detailer-paint-care/Last-Touch-Spray-Detailer

Is there a quick detailer that is sold by the gallon so that I dont have to keep throwing away these bottles?

Yes, that link is for a traditional QD. Megs also offers Final Inspection by the gallon: http://meguiars.com/?pro-car-maintenance/Final-Inspection