PDA

View Full Version : Some one literally wanted to KILL ME

Pages : [1] 2

Super
04-27-2006, 05:22 AM
On the way back on the freeway from getting parts for my truck on the next town over I was passing a old beat up 60’s Ford truck and he hit me on my back bumper and that made my truck go out of control and ending up in front of him and he pressed on the gas and hit me again in the back bumper that took my truck sideways and he pressed on the GAS AGAIN and hit me again in my drivers side he was pushing on the gas pushing my truck sideways about 50 yards down the road totaling my bed and cab. I was thinking *** he is trying kill me!? So he stopped pushing on the gas and took off so I and a few other drivers (witnesses following behind me) followed him (my truck was still driverable). It took me & some other drivers to get him to pull over 5 miles down the road because his truck over heated. So he gets out of his old truck yelling and screaming I will kill you I kill you holding a large club swinging at us. I figured this guy is not holding a full deck so we stayed 200 feet away while the CHP comes, other hour has passed no CHP? The guy is still screaming caring a large wooden club and he starts to chase someone with it and at that point six Sheriffs cars came real fast and the guy takes off into the hills the Sheriff Officers take case. So the guy is being charged with DUI and using he truck as a deadly weapon which is a felony.

WHY ME? :nixweiss Why did this guy out of the blue literally wanted to KILL ME with his truck. (I wanted to ask him if he was related to my ex-wife? :D ) I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time, damm it! Well this serious mental problem guy doesn’t have insurance and I don’t have full comp but I do have uninsured driver insurance but I found out that only pays medical. So tomorrow I have to go truck shopping for a F150 4x4 and thinking I will get the f150 King Ranch if I can get it for a good price tag but I doubt it. Man I loved my Ford Ranger, it was a nice truck. Syr no dig camera to take pic’s of it but you might see my truck on the front page of the Newspaper “Man tries to kill local man with his truck” but I doubt it. I found out he lives in Chico Tx and I gauss the Calif driving drove him crazy or he knew my ex wife that now live in TX.

BobD
04-27-2006, 05:37 AM
Too many crazy people and alcoholics in this world! Glad you are ok though man!

Wasatch
04-27-2006, 06:04 AM
Glad to hear you are ok. Definitely some sick MFs out there.

topnotchtouch
04-27-2006, 06:13 AM
Try riding a motorcycle on a regular basis. I commute on my bike on a regular basis about an hour each way. That sort of crap is all too common. First thing I usually say to the wife when I get home is that only one or two people tried to kill me today. Sad thing is they usually aren`t drunk or phsychotic, just careless :mad:

imported_Gears
04-27-2006, 09:19 AM
I`m glad this crazy only had a club and not a gun!

Good luck on your new truck.

Accumulator
04-27-2006, 09:21 AM
YIKES! Sure glad you lived to tell and without any serious injuries. Too bad about the truck though...

Note: this is why cell phones really are a virtual necessity. Just think of how it was, standing around waiting for the LEOs but nobody on the line with 911 giving them a play-by-play.

Oh, and it`s one thing to *chase* such a guy, it`s another thing to *catch* him. There`s an old fable about how you`re chasing dangerous game until you catch it, and then it`s chasing you.

BigAl3
04-27-2006, 09:24 AM
you`ve got to be VERY CAREFUL!.... you can never tell what someone is going to do these days, some people are sick...

WSUcommuter
04-27-2006, 09:47 AM
I`m sorry I could not decipher what was going on in that story. :nixweiss

Scottwax
04-27-2006, 10:40 AM
Glad you came out okay and his drunk a$$ is in jail. I hope he ends up with several large, hairy boyfriends.

Spilchy
04-27-2006, 11:34 AM
Holy cow! That`s insane! Glad you`re ok and sorry to hear about your truck.

mtwedt
04-27-2006, 01:23 PM
Thank God that you are all right as well as all those other people who helped you follow that guy and got him to pull over. I suspect the only reason that he attacked you with his truck is that you pulled in front of him. He probably is mentally ill, I suspect a poorly controlled bipolar or psychotic disorder, and probably couldn`t give a coherent reason for hitting you like that even if you did get the chance to ask him. If not frankly mentally ill, he ceratinly had a major case of road rage, which I am beginning to think is a whole new class of mental illness in and of itself! On the flip side of the coin, however, it was great to read about all the total strangers who participated in getting this guy pulled over and staying involved until the police got there and all had the sense to stay well out of this guy`s range until they did.

There will be more and more of these folks with poorly or noncontrolled mental illness in the community for the simple reason that hospitals and mental health facillities do not find it "cost-effective" to maintain pysch units. The vast majority of these folks do not have health care insurance because they cannot keep a steady job and are poorly controlled because they are not in an enviornment where someone besides themselves will keep them on their meds. My hospital recently closed half its psych beds for lack of reimbursement and now these people can be kept for days in emergency rooms and critical care units waiting for psych beds to open up. This is far more expensive but does have a more reliable reimbursement schedule apparently. Those of us in critical care find this as insane as some of the patients can be.

nudave
04-29-2006, 04:32 PM
Isn`t it necessary that all drivers/cars need to be insured? Or is it a state-to-state thing?

Dave

Super
04-29-2006, 04:36 PM
Thanks guys for the support ---------- Again all I did was to pass him at the speed limit he was drunk and pissed off at the world, I was at the wrong place at the wrong time

Wasatch
04-29-2006, 05:42 PM
I was at the wrong place at the wrong time

And that is all that it takes, timing is everything. By the way where can I get a bottle of that polish in your avatar, LOL

nudave
04-29-2006, 05:48 PM
And that is all that it takes, timing is everything. By the way where can I get a bottle of that polish in your avatar, LOL

AND....Is it your ex-wife mentioned in the first post?? :wow: