PDA

View Full Version : Mister Bottle

malibujim
04-26-2006, 09:48 PM
I have seen threads where people mention using a mister bottle to apply KSG. Wondering where I can pick up one of these. Are they called MISTERS ? Are these the misters for misting plants ?

imported_MCA
04-26-2006, 09:57 PM
"Misters" are generally any type of spray bottle that mists the liquid as opposed to "streams" or "sprays"...usually pump-type bottles have a good mist pattern. For example check out the below link (specifically the atomizers):

Misters/Atomizers (https://www.specialtybottle.com/index.asp?PageAction=Custom&ID=24)

For brick & mortar stores, try The Container Store - they carry them in the travel section.

shortspark
04-27-2006, 04:00 AM
I`ve recently discovered another, even better way to apply almost any liquid product we put on our vehicles. It is a refillable/reuseable aerosol spray can. I started a thread about this a week or two ago and many folks here then bought them from Harbor Freight Tools. I paid $9.95 each for the first two and was so impressed with them (used FK425 in one) that I went back to order more from their on-line store. When I did, I found them on sale for $4.95 and picked up several more (they were out of stock and will be delivered in May). If you can find that thread of a couple weeks ago it explains a lot about the use and advantages of this can.

I sure want to experiment with SG as an aerosol. It might be better to do it the traditional way of a dab at a time but if I can get the aerosol spray fine enough it will be as easy to apply as a QD (I can adjust the spray with various nozzels and amount of air pressure). In fact, I have also used the aerosol can for my home brew QD of one part SG to three parts distilled water and it works great. As far as what describes mister bottles are concerned, think perfume.

Come to think of it, I may find that old thread myself and resurrect it just to see if anyone else who bought the can has used it yet.

Driven-528e
04-27-2006, 05:41 AM
Also, you could check out usplastics.com I use it for most of my spray bottle purchases and other bottle types. I have SG in a Boston mister right now. It works well, but nothing impressive as the mist is almost too light. But, we all know, the lighter the better on SG.

I have an order coming from usplastics right now actually thanks to shortspark! Nalgene makes a spray bottle similar to the one he bought from Harbor Freight, but the one I bought requires you to pump it manually. I dont have an air compressor, so while I wanted the aerosol one from Harbor, it wasnt a feasible option. I`ll let yall know how the hand-pump version works out!

SpoiledMan
04-27-2006, 06:31 AM
I have an order coming from usplastics right now actually thanks to shortspark! Nalgene makes a spray bottle similar to the one he bought from Harbor Freight, but the one I bought requires you to pump it manually. I dont have an air compressor, so while I wanted the aerosol one from Harbor, it wasnt a feasible option. I`ll let yall know how the hand-pump version works out!

I use those "pump spray" bottles(from my dads Dry Wash days) and you are going to like them a lot. I`m at the manufacturer level now trying to find a way to get them for less than $10 per bottle though.;)

Driven-528e
04-27-2006, 07:34 AM
I use those "pump spray" bottles(from my dads Dry Wash days) and you are going to like them a lot. I`m at the manufacturer level now trying to find a way to get them for less than $10 per bottle though.;)

I`m glad to hear that! I would have bought several, but $10 is alot of pay for having never tried it.... well, even after I love it, its going to be alot to pay for a spray bottle. If you have any suggestions on how or where to get them cheaper please let the forum know!

antidote11
04-27-2006, 12:31 PM
If it helps anyone, I have tried bottle after bottle after bottle and have found that the best ones can be bought at Sally Beauty Supply. :bigups

BottleHead
04-27-2006, 12:47 PM
Or....if you want the really cheap path.....your friendly neighbourhood grocer carries them in the pharmacy/beauty supplies sections. Just purchased three last night for something like $1.25 per.

....bH

ntoddalbert
04-27-2006, 05:38 PM
Megs interior detailer has an incredible misting bottle, plus its pretty good as an interior QD, when done with the QD use the Bottle.....