PDA

View Full Version : The Absorber is better than a Waffle Weave

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

KITT
04-26-2006, 11:26 AM
Before I got into detailing my own car, I heard the waffle weave is the way to go. However I bought both and it doesn`t dry a car like the Absorber does. The Absorber dries the car to a squeak while my Meguiars Waffle Weave just leaves wet streaks on the car.

Anyone else have the same experience? Or maybe my waffle weave just sucks.

Prometheus
04-26-2006, 11:34 AM
I like the absorber, but many others prefer waffle waves. The only thing that kind of scares me about the Absorber is the possibility is that if the car isn`t perfectly clean it seems like it would be more likely to scratch. THat being said, I still use my Absorber every wash, but I doubt you`ll find many others who do.

budman3
04-26-2006, 11:36 AM
How many WW do you use? I used the Absorber and hated it. I flood the vehicle and then wipe with one WW and then follow up with a second to catch the rest of the water.

the other pc
04-26-2006, 11:46 AM
As PVA sponge "chamois" go, I don`t care for The Absorber, too much drag for me. I do have some "dimpled" ("waffled" if you will) PVA sponge "chamois" that I do like.

I still prefer WW mf. I haven`t had any streaking problems with Meg`s Water Magnet.

PC.

Asonyexec
04-26-2006, 11:47 AM
Devoted absorber user. I`ve been using it for over 10 yrs and one has lasted just as long, only reason i replaced it was because they came out with those cool new colors. Absorber works very nicely on inside of the windows even more so if you have a tint on the windows. doesn`t scratch and you don`t need to use any chemicals, wipe down with the absorber then follow with a towel --- no streaks, no window cleaning chemicals wofting onto your dash or other interior parts --- it`s great. I do still use towels for door/trunk/hood jams etc.

racerfx
04-26-2006, 11:47 AM
Well, everyone has their favorite products. Personally I used the Absorber for several years until just last year when I decided to try a WW and I can definately say I will never go back to the Absorber. Using the nozzle off the hose method of final rinse, I can dry the whole car with WW no problem. My biggest gripe with the Abosrber was it always seemed to leave just a little bit behind.

imported_bigfoot
04-26-2006, 11:58 AM
I have used the absorber since forever, and never had any problems at all with it. I have mine since around `98, and still working as new!! And before that one, my mom use to have another one that lasted well over 20 years!!!! I don`t think that will happen with a MF...

Accumulator
04-26-2006, 12:03 PM
Well, everyone has their favorite products. Personally I used the Absorber ..[then]..decided to try a WW and I can definately say I will never go back to the Absorber...My biggest gripe with the Abosrber was it always seemed to leave just a little bit behind.

Same with me.

tom p.
04-26-2006, 12:20 PM
Or maybe my waffle weave just sucks.

:werd:

I`ve got the Absorber and all the Absorber look-alikes. I`d never go back to using them. After using my 1st WW, I was hooked!

racingbeat
04-26-2006, 12:26 PM
I have both and teh longevity of the waffle weave seems to be a problem. Is it just me or does it seem like waffle weave catch threads easily?

The thing I like about the absorber is that when I`m done it goes back in the container and I don`t have to dry it like waffle weave towels. Also the absorber is easier to keep clear of embeded debris.

Put I just bought a poorboy`s waffle weave so I might use the absorber on the less delicate areas like my canvas convertible top and the bumpers.

chevyguy28
04-26-2006, 12:38 PM
A high quality Waffle weave that is relatively new blows away the Absorber IMO. Used to be an Absorber user.

However, since WW towels do not wring out as well, you may need 2.

DrSauekraut
04-26-2006, 12:46 PM
My WW gets better and better with age :woot2:

Mikeyc
04-26-2006, 02:09 PM
I used the Absorber for many, many years. One time with a WW and I was hooked. WW`s are WAY more absorbent. I use one to do my whole car without wringing it out once. Plus, I don`t have to worry about scratching like I would with the Absorber.

Also, I have three different WW`s. They are the Megs Water Magnet, Cobra Ultimate Guzzler, and the Griot`s Garage WW drying towel. The Cobra Guzzler is definitely the best of the three. It`s the most absorbent and the softest. Plus, it has silk-like MF edging and hand pockets on the corners which make it easier to handle. The Megs WW is definitely my least favorite of the three and IMO the least absorbent of the three towels I own.

imported_Larry A
04-26-2006, 02:17 PM
IMO the Water Sprite is better than the Absorber.

Imatk
04-26-2006, 02:34 PM
I use the Absorber... never used waffle weave... don`t see the need because I love the Absorber... but maybe I`ll try one day :)