PDA

View Full Version : Mothers FX Spray Wax or Reflections Spray Wax??

Pages : [1] 2

Pats300zx
04-26-2006, 10:28 AM
I was in Strauss Auto today and noticed that they had both Mothers FX Spray Wax and Mothers Reflections Spray Wax. Which one do you recommend???

Neither was on sale but I have seen good reviews on both products.

Are these more of an OCW type spray on/wipe off or is more like NXT Booster Spray where you have to wait for it to haze???

imported_MCA
04-26-2006, 10:36 AM
I have only tried the FX spray wax - IMO, its more of a booster wax BUT it wipes on and off like a QD. I have tried it as a standalone and got about 2 weeks of noticeable protection. I use it all the time on my wife`s car because it can be sprayed on a wet car and wiped off when drying (just like EO WAUD). It works just as advertised. thanks for reminding me, I might have to pick up another bottle since our local Pep Boys has it on sale for $5.99.

Sherman8r44
04-26-2006, 02:33 PM
I have only tried the FX spray wax - IMO, its more of a booster wax BUT it wipes on and off like a QD. I have tried it as a standalone and got about 2 weeks of noticeable protection. I use it all the time on my wife`s car because it can be sprayed on a wet car and wiped off when drying (just like EO WAUD). It works just as advertised. thanks for reminding me, I might have to pick up another bottle since our local Pep Boys has it on sale for $5.99.

+1 I love the stuff.

FX is, in application, similar to OCW, while Reflections has to haze like Meg`s NXT Spray.

Spilchy
04-26-2006, 02:43 PM
Carnauba look - Reflections

Sealant look - FX

Reflections requires hazing before wiping off. FX is a simple spray and wipe, much easier to use. People complain a bit about the hazing part with the Reflections.

I LOVE the FX. Durability is not great (couple weeks max. outside 24x7) but it sure BLOWS away a QD in the looks department after a wash. I`m blue in the face recommending spray waxes post washing in place of a QD.

I really like EO WAUD too. You can cut it 50/50 with distilled water too.

My new love is the Duragloss Spray Wax that I use after a wash after drying.

I rotate with all the cars I wash between FX, Duragloss and WAUD.

But the Mother`s lineup of spray waxes is top notch. Their new wax lineup in general is top notch.

RCBuddha
04-26-2006, 02:46 PM
I`d recommend the FX over the reflections. I find OCW easier to use, but FX isn`t too bad, and it leaves nice gloss and slickness.

AlexRuiz
04-27-2006, 07:14 PM
I recommend reflections over FX. It is almost as shiny, but waaay deeper. Regarding the application, make sure you apply it when the car is barely wet

1) Car is washed, remove excess water with a WW. Do not worry about leaving the surface fully dry. In fact, a little water is key for fast application

2) Apply reflections spray wax to a folde MF, the start applying it. 2 pumps for large panel, one pump for door. Always pump into the MF

3) By the time you have applied to the whole car, it should have already hazed on the roof. Start removing. You are in fact using only 3 pass to dry and wax. FX would take the same 3 passes.

AlexRuiz
04-27-2006, 07:16 PM
I`m blue in the face recommending spray waxes post washing in place of a QD.

You are absolutely right. If the car is just washed, use a spray wax instead of a QD :up :hifive:

Alfisti
04-27-2006, 09:58 PM
I`m with Alex on this one.

FX is easier to use, but IMO, I love the look of Reflections on any colour. You don`t lose much gloss and gain wonderful depth.

Too me, its the best balanced wax I`ve tried for the price.

mc2
04-27-2006, 10:12 PM
what does it do for swirl marks?

Alfisti
04-27-2006, 10:48 PM
It has slight filling qualities and help diminish them but it won`t make them disappear, like NXT can sometimes do.

Lil Freek
04-28-2006, 10:27 AM
how do they compare to let`s say Poorboys Spray and Gloss?

Chan
04-28-2006, 03:03 PM
You guys should try out E1 Nano Spray, I like it a lot better than FX Spray.

Spilchy
04-28-2006, 03:16 PM
You guys should try out E1 Nano Spray, I like it a lot better than FX Spray.

Used it today after a wash. That`s another winner in my book to go along with the Mother`s spray waxes and WAUD. Thing is, you have to dry the car first. The other products you apply while wet, then dry (except Refelctions). Nano does have swirl hiding abilities. It attracts pollen like a mother, but then so does everything.

imported_Bence
04-28-2006, 03:16 PM
FX is easier to use, but IMO, I love the look of Reflections on any colour. You don`t lose much gloss and gain wonderful depth.

Too me, its the best balanced wax I`ve tried for the price.

TRUE! I`d reformulate the last sentence: To me, it is one of the best balanced waxes I`ve tried for ANY price.

However you can mix both and fine tune the appearance as desired.

wannafbody
04-28-2006, 07:24 PM
Carnauba look - Reflections

Sealant look - FX

Reflections requires hazing before wiping off. FX is a simple spray and wipe, much easier to use. People complain a bit about the hazing part with the Reflections.

I LOVE the FX. Durability is not great (couple weeks max. outside 24x7) but it sure BLOWS away a QD in the looks department after a wash. I`m blue in the face recommending spray waxes post washing in place of a QD.

I really like EO WAUD too. You can cut it 50/50 with distilled water too.

My new love is the Duragloss Spray Wax that I use after a wash after drying.

I rotate with all the cars I wash between FX, Duragloss and WAUD.

But the Mother`s lineup of spray waxes is top notch. Their new wax lineup in general is top notch.

Does the duragloss spray wax have a sealant look or carnauba look? can it be used on a dry surface and does it need to haze?