PDA

View Full Version : Klasse AIO is good for everything but what about SG?

KITT
04-26-2006, 03:20 AM
All in one is obviously for everything on the car including rubber, plastic, chrome, glass, etc. But does the same go for Sealant Glaze?

Setec Astronomy
04-26-2006, 04:02 AM
I think SG is better than AIO on those surfaces. I have had AIO leave white residue if allowed to dry on rubber/textured plastic. There is a lot of variation in those kind of trim pieces, so it may not stain in all cases, and probably not at all if wiped off promptly. SG shouldn`t stain at all.

Accumulator
04-26-2006, 09:35 AM
I generally use SG on anything I use AIO on, and that`s a lot of different surfaces ;) I don`t put it on rubber though and I`ve found a W-O-W-O method (which I usually do *not* endorse) seems to give the most uniform look on textured black plastic.

kikim
04-26-2006, 10:46 AM
But, SG is very difficult to use!! and I doubt on his longevity :rolleyes:

Accumulator
04-26-2006, 11:15 AM
Well, some of us find KSG very *easy* to use but yeah, others have different experiences. Seems like one of those things that people just have to try for themselves.

The last coat of KSG on my MPV`s black trim is over a year old and it still exhibits tight beading (and no, I don`t QD it). I know beading isn`t the last word in longevity, but I also know how it looks when it needs redone and it does *not* need redone yet. IIRC I`ve only done it three times since new in 2002- each time I cleaned with AIO, four-six layers of KSG, then just washes until it doesn`t bead/look the same.

ONA
04-26-2006, 12:42 PM
How do you remove stains on trim from wax?

imported_themightytimmah
04-26-2006, 02:55 PM
APC and a stiff brush works pretty well, but for ease of use, you can`t beat Top of the Line`s GR-40. You can order it on the trim dying kit page, and it just melts through old wax stains, it`s the only thing I use for reconditioning stained trim.

Accumulator
04-26-2006, 03:08 PM
A probably-more-expensive alternative is the "dried wax remover" stuff from Griot`s. Worked OK the only time I tried it. The Autoglym Bumper Care I like for a dressing takes off mild wax stains too (doesn`t just cover them up, it removes them with mildly abrasive cleaners)