PDA

View Full Version : PC7424 and brand new Subaru Forester....

Fotomatt1
04-25-2006, 07:28 AM
Hi all. I`m new to Autopia and stumbled across this forum and can use the help. I`ve had a PC7424 for years now, but probably have not been using it properly. I just got a brand new Subaru Forester in Garnet Red Pearl about a month ago. I want to polish and wax it properly and make it look as perfect as possible. The car also does not stay garaged, so I need maximum protection. Any recommendations for products to use with the PC7424 in terms of polishes and waxes, and also applicator pads for the machine? Any help is greatly appreciated.

imported_cj99si
04-25-2006, 08:13 AM
Another one.......... how much do you want to spend and what do you have?

Fotomatt1
04-25-2006, 08:20 AM
I don`t need to spend hundreds....it`s a daily driver, not a show car, but I don`t mind spending money if it will protect my car from the elements. I have a PC7424, and Griot`s Machine Polish 2 and 3. I also have their best in show wax. I had used it several times on my Ford Explorer and Jetta GLI, but never found it to be amazing, or last all that long. Maybe my expectations are too high, or I`m not using the products correctly. I have been looking at Klasse, Menzerna, and Sonus. I think Zaino`s is just too complex for a daily driver.

White95Max
04-25-2006, 08:38 AM
I`d go with AIO/SG or FMJ, since you say you want maximum protection. Then maybe top it with Collinite Insulator Wax.

I`d recommend pads from here:

http://www.exceldetail.com

Fotomatt1
04-25-2006, 08:51 AM
Thanks for your help. Any opinion on Griot`s products? Just curious....

White95Max
04-25-2006, 09:38 AM
I haven`t tried any Griots products. I received a catalog once, and I thought the prices for most of the items were pretty high. I guess I`m satisfied enough with the supplies that I have, and I don`t have any reason to try it. If it were that great, I`d see Griot`s stuff mentioned more often on this forum.

imported_thecarguy
04-25-2006, 10:21 AM
if you use AIO/SG or most any acrylic, it is my understanding that those types of products will amplify any underlying swirls and scratches - just so you know before you start.

Years ago before I learned, I used some acrylic that is still being sold and afterward, it looked like 1000 spider had done a number on my paint. From a distance it looked great but the reflection looked terrible. There were cobwebs everywhere and in abundance.

Hondaph00l
04-25-2006, 10:42 AM
If your in the market for products why not look into werkstat and fk1 sealants. I personally havent used them but everybody is saying they are easier to use and look better than klasse. IDK, I figured I would throw that out there. Afterall I just put klasse on my car this past weekend. As far as pads I second the exceldetail vote they are great.

Alex

Mattress
04-25-2006, 12:44 PM
um.... menzerna FPII, PO106FF w/RMG, collinite IW?

White95Max
04-25-2006, 02:36 PM
if you use AIO/SG or most any acrylic, it is my understanding that those types of products will amplify any underlying swirls and scratches - just so you know before you start.

Years ago before I learned, I used some acrylic that is still being sold and afterward, it looked like 1000 spider had done a number on my paint. From a distance it looked great but the reflection looked terrible. There were cobwebs everywhere and in abundance.

I don`t think it would amplify anything, but rather it would uncover them to their full potential, because the product contains no fillers to hide them even in the slightest bit.