PDA

View Full Version : trying to remove wax i just applied

u8myburger
04-24-2006, 09:57 PM
hey yall, i just spent most of my saturday morning/afternoon applying 3m rubbing compound-->3m hand glaze-->meguiars NXT. it looks great on my car but i am interested in stripping what i had just put on to try out the klasse and p21s combination... how can i strip the wax that is now on my car so i have a clean work surface, can i just apply klasse AIO after a wash to remove all the wax i applied since its a "cleaner". i also have the sonus sfx buffing pads, would i use klasse with the green pad and p21s with the blue pad? thanks

Black240SX
04-24-2006, 10:38 PM
Wipe your car down with isopropyl alchohol diluted 1:1 with water.

u8myburger
04-24-2006, 10:53 PM
Wipe your car down with isopropyl alchohol diluted 1:1 with water.

is isopropyl the same as rubbing alcohol? if not this is product found with all the other types of rubbing alcohol or is it found in the hardware section?

admac
04-24-2006, 10:56 PM
it`s rubbing alcohol.

Black240SX
04-24-2006, 11:47 PM
Rubbing alcohol is usually isopropanol, but is sometimes denatured ethanol. It should say on the label what it is.

SpoiledMan
04-25-2006, 12:49 AM
No need to rub your car down in alcohol. The AIO will remove whatever is there. It is a paint cleaner.;)

White95Max
04-25-2006, 06:32 AM
I agree. All you have on there is NXT and some fillers from the glaze. AIO should remove that with ease.

Accumulator
04-25-2006, 09:16 AM
hey yall, i just spent most of my saturday morning/afternoon applying 3m rubbing compound-->3m hand glaze-->meguiars NXT. it looks great on my car but i am interested in stripping what i had just put on to try out the klasse and p21s combination...

Just thinking out loud:

I dunno...using the 3M RC without a finer polishing for the follow-up, using IHG, and topping with NXT sounds like a recipe for hidden micromarring. If so, it`ll all be visible when you strip it down and put Klasse on it. If it were mine I`d at least put off such a redo until it needs it, as I think you`ll find it needs more polishing and thus will end up being a pretty big undertaking.