PDA

View Full Version : Whats the going rate for exotics?

outdoorsr
04-23-2006, 12:29 PM
Greetings,

I am looking for some information on having someone detail exotics for me. What is the going rate for the initial job per car? Then, what is the rate to tidy up after the car is used?

Thanks!

golfdude
04-30-2006, 02:40 PM
Check your messages because I just sent you a response!

Thomas Dekany
06-01-2006, 06:52 PM
Have you found someone alrerady? I can work with you. Have references if needed.

MichaelM
06-29-2006, 09:35 AM
Greetings,

I am looking for some information on having someone detail exotics for me. What is the going rate for the initial job per car? Then, what is the rate to tidy up after the car is used?

Thanks!

There really shouldn`t be any price differences between any brand names. A car is a car. Cost, IMO, should be relative to time and materials spent by the detailer.

Brian_Brice
07-08-2006, 09:28 PM
agreed, car time supplies

Thomas Dekany
07-09-2006, 09:46 PM
There really shouldn`t be any price differences between any brand names. A car is a car. Cost, IMO, should be relative to time and materials spent by the detailer.

While I haven`t detailed anything over 100K if you came to me with an exotic, I`d charge more then what I`d charge for an Accord.

surfsidedetail
07-11-2006, 10:38 PM
I detailed a 2006 Bentley GT and charged the normal rate. I just took extra care to everything I was doing. I guess charge whatever you can but do you just want one overpriced detail or many fair priced details?

http://img159.imageshack.us/img159/148/dianasjunk113large9ri.jpg

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/7306/dianasjunk115large9sk.jpg

Jason M
07-26-2006, 01:13 AM
Exotics do take longer and theirfore should be charged more. I recently did a black Carrera GT for example and I spent a good hour wiping down the engine compartment after washing it. You Honda Accord doesn`t have an open engine compartment and doesn`t need this. Little things like that change the price. Or how about a Murcielago with the roof off? You ARE going to spend more time on an exotic due to their unique character. So while it does just come down to time and material, you will pay more for a specialty car as the time factor goes up a lot with them. Giving out an actual number is pretty tough to do without mentioning the car though :)

MichaelM
08-05-2006, 01:28 PM
While I haven`t detailed anything over 100K if you came to me with an exotic, I`d charge more then what I`d charge for an Accord.

That can bite you in the *** down the line. If it works for you, great, but I prefer to play it a bit safer.

MichaelM
08-05-2006, 01:35 PM
I recently did a black Carrera GT for example and I spent a good hour wiping down the engine compartment after washing it. You Honda Accord doesn`t have an open engine compartment and doesn`t need this.

That`s the same as doing an accord plus the engine. Working on that Lambo is nearly the same as working on a convertible sebring with a leaky top or a Bradley GT kit car without the door/windows. You have to take the same precautions for all three vehicles. You may be extra careful on an exotic if you`re star struck with them but in the end every car detailed by a professional should be treated the same regardless of value.

Really the only thing unique about exptics is that you don`t do them very often. In the end it`s all metal, paint, leather, carpet, etc.

Jason M
08-07-2006, 12:16 AM
Yeah, that`s what I was trying to say. It will cost more, not because of the make/model, but because exotics tend to have quirks like open engine bays and no roof that your "typical" car doesn`t have. Not to mention the basic shape of exotics tend to take longer. The GT has a ton of sharp creases and other areas that a rotary or DA doesn`t fit into very well. I also did a 996 Turbo for the same customer and a Turbo Cayenne. Both of those took the same amount of time as any other similarly sized vehicle. So, to sum it up: Their is no "going rate" for exotics, but expect to pay more if they have traits that increase the time or materials of the job.