PDA

View Full Version : Silver pop

Pages : [1] 2

somebody
04-23-2006, 07:20 AM
Ok well I have a 95 firebird formula(silver) and Iam looking to really make the paint stand out. I understand that it wont look as good as my black car, but I would still like it to shine. As for the condition of the paint, it is in perfect condition, there are no swirl marks at all. The paint doesnt have much metalic in it so I dont know how to make the silver stand out. So any suggestion are welcomed.

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g289/lt1_man/DSCN07702.jpg

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g289/lt1_man/DSCN07642.jpg

In these pictures I used meg. gold class wash, mothers clay bar, and turtle wax "ice" polish.

-Thanks Brandon

Pats300zx
04-23-2006, 09:03 AM
I have always have great results with Four Star UPP or PB EX-P on silver. Finish off with Nattys and I think you will be very happy.

strat81
04-23-2006, 09:44 AM
Ya know, as much as the forum doesn`t like Ice, it does look pretty nice there. What can you tell use about its durability?

EMazda3S
04-23-2006, 09:59 AM
I`ll echo my results on silver with PoorBoy`s EX-P and add that I also loved Zaino on the car.

I also think that you car looks great!

Eric

somebody
04-23-2006, 11:22 AM
Thanks for all of the compliments it makes all of the hard work worth it. As for the "ice" it kind of makes your paint look greasy not really wet. I had to buff it out twice to get that real greasy look out of it. As for the durabilty, its not good at all. The shine doesnt stay to long, although with all of this pollen and rain that we have gotten the polish was put to the test as for durabilty. My car stays outside 24/7 with no car cover(i know I need one) and the shine lasted around a week and a half, with some serious storms and pollen.

-Brandon

somebody
04-23-2006, 11:24 AM
I have always have great results with Four Star UPP or PB EX-P on silver. Finish off with Nattys and I think you will be very happy.

I will have to try that combo. I have heard good things about Four Star UPP with silver.

-Brandon

shortspark
04-23-2006, 12:51 PM
I have a 2006 Honda Ridgeline in billet silver. All I have used is Klasse AIO and SG and I have been very happy with the results. I think the secret is to keep the vehicle clean (I use a spray detailer two or three times a week plus after every washJ). Something like Menzerna HGAS or a mix of 1 part SG with 3 parts distilled water will keep it looking great between applications (I do it every six months with AIOx2 and SGx3). The durability is the key factor when using Klasse although you may get more depth using a carnuba once a month or so. The use of these acrylic/polymer details will also add in rejuvenating and prolonging the protection. In any event, silver just does not have the "wow" factor some other colors have.

mtwedt
04-26-2006, 11:22 AM
Consider adding a glaze prior to the UPP, if you go with that product. I was hugely impressed with the added wetness on my Satin Silver CR-V when I added VM/RMG before the UPP. I have no bonding issues between the glaze and the sealent and felt the investment in time and money well worth the result. You might want to check out some posts on silver with Jeff`s Werkstadt Acrylic line. I haven`t tried it, but some of the pictures were quite impressive

BobD
04-26-2006, 11:26 AM
Four Star UPP on silver for me. I love the way it looks.

Accumulator
04-26-2006, 12:08 PM
Yeah, UPP for me too. I use/have used KSG on some silver vehicles, but when I tried it on a car I cared about with a paint I`m very familiar with (silver Audi) I was so disappointed with the look that I stripped it off and applied something I liked better.

Some silvers simply look better than others. We often have a bunch of different silver paints in the stable and a few of them really stand out while a few of them just don`t, regardless of prep or LSP.

docker
04-26-2006, 12:35 PM
On silver...my 2 cents is the UPP route, with a glaze underneath. Use UGE to QD it once in a while, and use UPPS when you don`t have time to w/o w/o UPP but want to quickly boost the sealant protection and durability. IMO, UGE and UPPS make UPP a great product.

BigChevMan
04-26-2006, 02:20 PM
Zaino...no question

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/bigchevman/grand%20prix/Picture023.jpg

RCBuddha
04-26-2006, 02:29 PM
A good polishing topped with Mothers FX Synwax has always gotten me good results on silver.

somebody
04-28-2006, 06:37 PM
Ok I think Iam going to try this line up. Wash with meg. gold class wash. Clay bar with mothers. Wash again. Then with a crappy 20 dollar orbital buffer apply vanilla moose polish (2 thin coats), then go to four star upp(dont know how many coats). After that apply Pb natty paste wax(blue) by hand. (dont know how many coats). Is this a good setup? And if so where can I get all of these suppplies? I think I will grab a few more mc towels while Iam at it.

-Thanks Brandon

Scottwax
04-28-2006, 09:10 PM
I no longer use anything but the Werkstatt twins, Prime and Acrylic Jett on silver. IMO, nothing else is better visually. Durability is excellent too.

http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/2006_Subaru_Tribeca_B9_frontend1.jpg

http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/2006_Subaru_Tribeca_B9_side2.jpg