PDA

View Full Version : My review on Zaino Fusion Polish & S100 Paste Wax ... w/ pics!

imported_nadir
04-22-2006, 11:59 PM
yeah well, my review doesn`t really add value to the already extensive reviews available here! but here it is again for those who are curious ... added pics of my work too! :)

Zaino ZPC

Got this green bottle from zainobro`s websites ... I have Z1 & Z2 .. awesome polishes and layers real well. I`ve always been partial towards Klasse AIO & SG though ... found it to be noticeably better on my black paint.

Now that the season to detail is back for me , had to buy this product. The ZPC is Zaino`s first Dual-Action-Cleaner-Polish (abbrasive). So far, I`ve been using Einzett Paint Polish and Ultra Paint Polish w/ yellow cutting pad - I think ZPC is going to replace this set for me now!

paint w/ some noticeable swirls on the door panels:

http://www.i-cebox.com/v1/pics/zpcs100/side1.jpg

ZPC definately cleaned up the minor swirling that was the paint. What was noticeable was the squeaky clean finish after using it on the paint. It went on and off the paint very easily too.

There`s no cure time necessary for ZPC since it`s cleaner polish ... once you`re done with it on the paint, just start layering your polish. Usually, Z2 is the best follow up polish for it .. however, I opted to go with Klasse AIO and 1 layer of SG.

I took this shot in the morning ... this includes ZPC + Klasse + 1 layer of SG:

http://www.i-cebox.com/v1/pics/zpcs100/zpc.jpg

S100

There`s some contraversy if S100 is just P21S renamed, for motorcycles. Well, from my research online, I found that there is some difference between the two. Besides the obvious bottle and name change, the product S100 has a more yellower tint ... apparently due to an extra additive for flexing. IMO, bottom line is it`s half the price ($15) and can be found locally at bike shop / Harley Davidson Dealership.

I used the applicator pad that it came with and it applied real smooth and I buffed off right before it started to haze ... the results are amazing! It definately left behind a "wet" look for on the black paint. For $15, it`s the best topper wax I`ve tried yet!

final shot:

http://www.i-cebox.com/v1/pics/zpcs100/zpc_done.jpg

my fav shot :) :

http://www.i-cebox.com/v1/pics/zpcs100/wash2.jpg

Hope this post was helpful!

Now ... to the experts:

for black paint, do any of you prefer AIO/SG over Z2??

Also, when buffing off SG last night, it was a pain! it was real hard to come off ... i then started using detailers spray to help me buff off some of the sections. Is this OK to do? This actually helped me out ALOT.

Nadir

Pats300zx
04-23-2006, 04:29 AM
WOW..great results with S100. I can still remember when it was the forum rage. Its probably one of the easiest carnuabas to use next to Pinnacle Souveran.

As far as the difficulty buffing with Klasse SG you might want to try the WOWO method. Wipe on..Wipe off. Once SG hardens I find it can be like concrete to get off.

imported_nadir
04-23-2006, 11:11 AM
thanks!

can i layer SG on top of S100, and not lose the "wet look" I have from S100??

porta
04-23-2006, 11:27 AM
Hmm sounds like a bad idea. DonĂ‚´t think SG will bond to S100. First layer SG then top it with S100.

black stang
04-23-2006, 12:50 PM
If you like s100 on black you will love natty blue. Much wetter look.

imported_nadir
04-23-2006, 12:58 PM
If you like s100 on black you will love natty blue. Much wetter look.

damn, well looks like that`s on my list now lol ... been hearing alot about it.

imported_nadir
04-28-2006, 07:24 PM
hi all

it`s been a week since this detail session ... i want to wash the car and then add a layer of SG and then top it again with S100 .. is it possible to layer SG after a week w/ S100 on??

thanks, nadir

Scottwax
04-28-2006, 07:50 PM
Nice review, looks like ZPC did an excellent job! I really like S100 too, great shine and easy to use. :)

As far as black paint goes, the only `pure` sealant I have been using black is Werkstatt`s Prime and Acrylic Jett (sort of like nano versions of the Klasse Twins) since it doesn`t leave that silvery sheen on black that SG seems to. Normally though, I go the glaze/carnauba route on black. Just personal preferrence.

holland_patrick
04-29-2006, 05:15 AM
hi all

it`s been a week since this detail session ... i want to wash the car and then add a layer of SG and then top it again with S100 .. is it possible to layer SG after a week w/ S100 on??

thanks, nadir

NO YOU CAN NOT..

:tribe:

Solo Cali
04-29-2006, 06:28 AM
Max looks good.

I usually go with Natty`s Blue over EXP. For me it`s worked out fine on dark colors such as black, greens, chocal greys, blues, and most all metalics paints. I still believe in my good old fashion Meg`s combo, #26 over #20 though, it`s just that theres alittle more depth with the Natty`s and EXP combo, for me anyways.

imported_nadir
04-29-2006, 11:11 AM
NO YOU CAN NOT..

:tribe:

aw man - alright thanks !

Bioman
04-29-2006, 02:33 PM
I believe you can layer the S100 though.

imported_nadir
05-01-2006, 03:37 PM
yeah, I added another layer of S100 ... looks really good!