PDA

View Full Version : lots of small scratches

Brian_Brice
04-22-2006, 01:07 PM
the vettes i detailed a month or so ago went out on the road for a month, to arizona and came back with a heck of a lot of minor scratches. i hadnt topped em with a wax until last week, while doing so i saw all these scratches that must have come from arizona sand or something. anyhow it seems like its just scratched the sg and not the paint. my question is and i think i already know the answer...i gotta redo the entire thing dont i? i mean i dont wanna seem like im tryin to get over on the guy but i think i need to :waxing: again. any of you have similar problem? what did you tell your client?

White95Max
04-22-2006, 01:38 PM
If you`ve got small scratches, assuming they`re shallow, you should just polish them out. Whether it`s in the SG or in the paint below, you can use a moderate polish to remove the SG and the scratches.

Are you sure he didn`t go to a car wash during his trip to Arizona? Wind-blown sand particles could certainly scratch the car too, but I think it`s pretty unlikely that your customer had his Vette detailed and then went a month without having it washed. Especially on a cross-country road trip.

Brian_Brice
04-22-2006, 02:01 PM
http://autopia.org/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=18121&cat=500&ppuser=25430

here they are, its pretty aggrevating real max i dunno if he went through a wash or not, i know he washed it when he got back, he tried to save me some time because he knew i was gonna wax em when he got back. but there are a lot of em and its pretty ugly up close. you think a fp2 should do the trick then build it back with aio sg? gotta tell this guy something becuase i dont want all seven of his vettes riding around with scratches after most people know who detailed them.