PDA

View Full Version : P21S applied over Z2 Pro...Yes/No/Maybe

imported_cp1
04-22-2006, 08:10 AM
Do I gain anything doing this? or is it a waste of time.

Thanks all :think:

Setec Astronomy
04-22-2006, 08:19 AM
I`ve never topped Zaino...but I don`t have tons of use of it under my belt...most heavy Z users don`t top it, from what I`ve seen.

drewski59
04-22-2006, 08:36 AM
It will slightly mute the famous Z reflections, but that`s really it...

The carnauba oils can shorten the lifespan of Z2Pro, and you`ll have to start from scratch if/when you want to add more layers of Z...

That`s why most people stay away from topping it:)

-KGB-
04-22-2006, 09:13 AM
Tried it a few times, skip it, not worth the time

imported_memnuts
04-22-2006, 09:57 AM
Best experience is personal ones. Find a hidden area and do your own test. If it meets your personal goal of appearance, ignore our opinions.

From my experience P21S adds nothing to Z2PRO/Z8 combo and tends to haze under hot Virginia sunlight.

EMazda3S
04-22-2006, 11:48 AM
I did this at the beginning of last winter over Z2(non-Pro) figuring it would give me an extra sacrifical layer of protection plus I just needed to see how it looked... :rolleyes:

It did mute the Zaino reflectivity on an 02` Reflex Silver Volkswagen GTI. I was kind of unhappy with how it made the car look. I seemed to get through the Winter alright protection wise but I don`t doubt that it may reduce the lifespan of the Zaino.

I have also used it over Klasse AIO and with the AIO/SG combo with much better results on the same car. It added some extra warmth and even a bit of depth without muting the color so much but IMO the Klasse is a bit warmer to begin with.

Eric

gmblack3
04-22-2006, 02:36 PM
Here is where (http://autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=66474&page=1&pp=12&highlight=natty%27s+blue) I topped Z2pro with NB. It did not mute the zaino at all and looks very close in the pics, but in person I think it was a little wetter.

Try it out, you can always Dawn a carnuba off to apply more zaino in the future.