PDA

View Full Version : purchasing PC, please help me with pad selection

imported_thecarguy
04-21-2006, 10:36 AM
I am going to purchase a PC 7336 soon and need your help in pad selection.

The two cars needing the most help are:

- dark green 1997 BMW. paint is in good shape but does have some cobwebs - see picture.

- dark blue 1996 Honda. I think it`s been repainted but the paint has the beginning stages of oxidation and lots of cobwebs

I was going to get one cutting foam and one polish foam pad. Once the problems are corrected I suspect only polishing will be needed from time to time. From what I gather reading these forums, you don`t save a lot of time applying LSP by machine so I plan to apply it by hand.

I will likely try either Menzerna, Optimum or Poorboys product line. Would like to try Zaino but it looks like there too many steps.

Please tell me which pad and brand would work well and won`t cost a lot of money.

Many thanks in advance for your help!

sevenrd
04-21-2006, 10:59 AM
I really like the Sonus SFX pads. If you go that route, I`d get all three: yellow, white, blue. That way if you need something more aggressive you can use the yellow pad. The yellow pad with IP, as well as SSR 2.5, completely removed some stubborn cobwebbing on both my and my wife`s car.

JimHare
04-22-2006, 06:36 AM
Just as an aside to the above reply, then I can take it that the white is the medium polish/swirl remover pad, the yellow a bit most agressive, and the blue is the finishing pad? I can`t remember if I got any breakdown in the SFX box as to which was which, but I`ve been going on the above scale

Thanks