PDA

View Full Version : Sun safe polish

imported_Jeremiah
04-21-2006, 04:32 AM
I am looking for a fairly aggressive product that is ok to work with in the sun. I have a black car with some pretty heavy duty swirling on it. I gave it a go with some dacp with a yellow lc pad. The dacp is working OK but it’s taking way to many passes to get decent results. If anyone could suggest a good swirl remover/polish that has little to no fillers I would be very very happy. Thanks.

EMazda3S
04-21-2006, 04:45 AM
Look into the Poorboy`s World products. They claim that sun or shade application is fine.

I have used their EX-P sealant in the sun with no problems at all and I`ve read several posts here where people claim perfect results from their polish,etc. in the sun. I don`t think they have any fillers in them at all, no silicone or wax. They are all priced very well.

When I first started detailing, I had some difficulty with DACP. There is definitely a learning curve with that product.

Eric

imported_Jeremiah
04-21-2006, 04:51 AM
I have used dacp many other times with very good results, this car is just to swirled I guess. I was looking into Poorboys, any idea if the ssr3 or ssr2.5 would be the one I need(how is the aggressiveness compared to dacp)?

imported_UnsanePyro
04-21-2006, 05:26 AM
I`ve used some of the SSR line in the sun without too much of a problem. The car had just been washed though so the surface was still relatively cool, and the temp was probably only 60-70.

xspwrstang
04-21-2006, 06:10 AM
I`ve used SSR1 when it was about 85* or so and I had to work a smaller area at a time. I was having some problems with it streaking so I had to buff more than usual but it still did the job.

Thomas Dekany
04-21-2006, 07:46 AM
the optimum polishes are above all else. Better than poorboys - no dust.

EMazda3S
04-21-2006, 08:20 AM
the optimum polishes are above all else. Better than poorboys - no dust.

And the Optimum`s are fine in the sun? I have been wondering about these. No dust and possibly can be used in the sun....??? Is this heaven??? :grinno:

imported_Picus
04-21-2006, 09:33 AM
I`ve used both SSR and Optimum in hot sun, like 90+ degrees (stupid, I know), the SSR`s dust less than most polishes but they still dust, with the optimum polish/compound I got like 1% of the dusting I got from everything else. They take a long time to break down which is hard in the hot sun, but I have yet to see them dust significantly.

imported_Jeremiah
04-21-2006, 05:39 PM
Is there only one type of Optimum Polish? Would I need to finish it up with something less aggressive?

Thomas Dekany
04-21-2006, 06:16 PM
Is there only one type of Optimum Polish? Would I need to finish it up with something less aggressive?

polish

compound

hyper compound

You don`t need the others, just use a less aggressive pad. Search here there is tons of good info posted on OP.