PDA

View Full Version : First timer...

imported_bpfoley
04-20-2006, 06:05 PM
Alright, so I decided that I have been lurking long enough and have a few questions before I get started on my first detailing project.

I recently bought a used black 2002 Jetta with 25k on the odo. When I picked it up it looked amazing! However I am now led to believe that it had some glazes with fillers on it as over the winter, swirls appeared. I have always hand washed or in the winter used touchless washes.

My real questions come down to product usage and technique. I bought a PC7424 with a pad kit from properautocare.com and now I just need suggestions on products.

The swirls aren`t too bad, but I can see them under direct sunlight and the lighting in my parking garage. What should I use to polish?

Right now I am looking at:

-wash

-clay with OTC clay (mothers or megs)

-polish

-LSP

but I am not sure what polish to use and more importantly what pad. I noticed many talk about yellow and orange pads, what is the difference? My PC7424 kit didnt come with either (only white, black and red...LC pads IIRC)

so any suggestions would be great, I can`t wait to fulfill my OCD for cleanliness on my car! Thank god I finally found a place with others like me.

White95Max
04-20-2006, 06:11 PM
Different people prefer different polishes. There is no one correct polish for any step.

Orange and yellow pads differ in aggressiveness. I use the Propel pads, and the yellow is an open-cell foam, slightly less dense than the orange, which is a closed-cell.

The search button will quickly reveal answers to all of these questions.