PDA

View Full Version : How much time

imported_turbomangt
04-20-2006, 05:29 AM
do you guys spend on the computer? I see people repsonding to almost every post? how can they run a business? or do they? as it is, I spend wayyyyyyyyy too much time on forums (which I pay for sponsorship time) and as a result, my autopia time is less. When I retire, I`m throwing out my computer. gary

Joshua312
04-20-2006, 05:47 AM
I spend about 6 hours a day online/autopia....I go to school full time and Im often logged on my laptop while there. And one of my jobs for the business I work for is working at a cafe in the local library (where I am at currently) It has it`s slow times so I just browse autopia or do homework :dance

BobD
04-20-2006, 05:55 AM
I spend most of my day online seeing as my business is an e-commerce. If I was a detailer full time I would not be on much.

imported_Picus
04-20-2006, 06:58 AM
My full time job is as a computer engineer. Detailing has been something that I`ve slowly been devoting more time too. Let`s just put it this way - My skin has a healthy green computer glow. :)

Ajaxus
04-20-2006, 07:23 AM
being in school and all i spend a good deal of time inbetween classes on my computer. i may be new here and have a low post count, but beware once i get used to things ;)

boywonder
04-20-2006, 09:43 AM
My full time job is as a computer engineer. Detailing has been something that I`ve slowly been devoting more time too. Let`s just put it this way - My skin has a healthy green computer glow. :)

Being in Technical Support AND building my own computer AND going to classes online, I am on a computer of some sort 16+ hrs per day.

Even tonight, I have to start measuring for a 92 mm blowhole and a 120 mm blowhole.

D Tailor
04-20-2006, 09:50 AM
About 8-11 hours when I`m not with clients (including detailing). I am a web/graphic-designer/developer and own a Small Business Media Management Company. On the side I detail hoping one day to roll all of it into one big effort.

imported_chpsk8
04-20-2006, 10:24 AM
Get up 7am. Boot up laptop and check traffic and weather.

Get to work by 8am. Boot up work computer and log into every system known to man, including Autopia and Google. :D

Work all day at my computer. (product service tech) Internet in the background for entertainment and work.

Home by 5pm, boot up laptop again. (wireless internet). Check news weather email and various forums while I find something to eat. Do a little homework for school (night classes).

Laptop stay on pretty much all night.

End the night with an episode of Top Gear or Fifth Gear.

Summers a little different, I usually shut off the latop at night until it gets dark out... unless I have too much homework to do. :(

Accumulator
04-20-2006, 11:20 AM
About 2, maybe 3 hours/day. I spend maybe a couple hours here nonstop and then I`ll maybe log on for a few minutes later in the day if I have the time and inclination.

I`m retired, and I sorta see it as an extension of/replacement for my teaching career. Met some good people here too; sometimes we get to PMing and next thing I know a *lot* of time has passed.

Heh heh, I spend so much time posting and PMing that I never find time to figure out how to do digital image capture, so no pics yet from me :o

Scottwax
04-20-2006, 08:01 PM
I am mostly on in the evening. The internet is far more entertaining that most TV. I spend less time online in the summer when my kids are here though.

Tasty
04-21-2006, 08:39 PM
I am mostly on in the evening. The internet is far more entertaining that most TV. I spend less time online in the summer when my kids are here though.

I totally agree with this statement. Sometimes I feel guilty about how much time I spend on this machine, but then I realize it has replaced virtually all my TV watcing time. It`s a wash I guess.

Scottwax
04-21-2006, 09:00 PM
I totally agree with this statement. Sometimes I feel guilty about how much time I spend on this machine, but then I realize it has replaced virtually all my TV watcing time. It`s a wash I guess.

Other than Southpark, The Sopranos (or Rome, Deadwood or The Wire when they are in season) and a few Mavs, Stars or Ranger`s games, my TV isn`t even on. Some weeks it is only two or three times.