PDA

View Full Version : Any autopian`s in Quebec

Pages : [1] 2

ActionPack
04-19-2006, 09:03 PM
Is there any avid detailing fans from Quebec out there??

imported_becks
04-20-2006, 05:07 AM
I have a home in the Mtl area

ActionPack
04-20-2006, 09:32 PM
Glad to see that i`m not the only one in the province :D

becks do you know of any shop that would carry the PC in Quebec? I saw it on the canadian tire website but the price is $219. :nixweiss Seems high since it doesn`t look like it comes with any special pads.

imported_becks
04-21-2006, 04:52 AM
You`re not going to find any good deals on the PC from shops in QC, I searched for months before picking one up in the US.

Your best bet is to buy one from Chris at eshine.ca He`s selling it for $169 + free shipping (he`s in the Toronto area) plus you`ll only have to pay 1 tax. Chris is a great guy that offers great products, prices and customer service.

BTW, what part of QC are you in?

EdLancer
04-21-2006, 09:36 PM
I`am in Montreal, Cdn Tire had them on special in the fall for $159, they were $239 before now dropped to $219. The 7228 also dropped a $100 to $199 now, a good buy if your looking for a rotary. eshine.ca is proberly the lowest price in Canada now, you don`t have to pay for shipping nor the 7.5% PST.

ActionPack
04-23-2006, 10:55 PM
I`m also in the Mlt region. The worst city for potholes :eek: I still don`t get why even thought we have the same climate than Ottawa that the roads here degrade so fast. I mean they just redid a bunch a streets last year...i still remember all the gunk it made which my tires were nice enough to pick up and slign all around the fenders... i used a full bottle of Bug and Tar Remover last summer alone just because of that..and now all the holes are back and with them come all those rocks which all appear to be attracted by my front bumper... :furious: I need to do some serious buffing :buffing: ...i got some 3M FI-II (Finess It II) but it i can`t get all be scratches out..Any ideas on what would be a little more agressive compound in the 3m brand??

EdLancer
04-28-2006, 11:00 PM
I`m also in the Mlt region. The worst city for potholes :eek: I still don`t get why even thought we have the same climate than Ottawa that the roads here degrade so fast. I mean they just redid a bunch a streets last year...i still remember all the gunk it made which my tires were nice enough to pick up and slign all around the fenders... i used a full bottle of Bug and Tar Remover last summer alone just because of that..and now all the holes are back and with them come all those rocks which all appear to be attracted by my front bumper... :furious: I need to do some serious buffing :buffing: ...i got some 3M FI-II (Finess It II) but it i can`t get all be scratches out..Any ideas on what would be a little more agressive compound in the 3m brand??

Remember we have blue collar workers that do **** all day. Try a different grade of pad like yellow with the 3M, I`am able to remove the worst kind of swirls with that combination.

ActionPack
05-01-2006, 09:31 PM
Will try, thanks :up. I got myself some 3m PI fine cut rubbing compound (39002) to attack the tougher scratches. I will be getting my PC soon so its going to be a whole different ball game than with my current B&D 6`` polisher. The B&D polisher was good to start with and with pressure can do some nice work but it takes alot of patience to get decent results with it and it lacks the power to do make proper corrections on a sustained basis.

imported_eLrEyNaDa
05-02-2006, 05:37 AM
The PC7424 is at 169.98$ shipped at eshine.ca

i`m from quebec, montreal to

imported_becks
05-02-2006, 06:02 AM
The PC7424 is at 169.98$ shipped at eshine.ca

i`m from quebec, montreal to

It`s already been mentioned ;)

math
05-17-2006, 11:42 AM
I`m from St-Césaire.. :shocked at 15 minutes from Granby.

LaOrange
06-17-2006, 11:13 PM
Bringing this topic back up a bit...I`ve been lurking around here randomly for the past 3years....just never posted! tisk tisk on my part...

I`m from the Montreal area....I`m in dire need of getting some good detailing products...

Gekiryu
06-20-2006, 06:21 AM
I am also from Quebec... specifically the West Island...

I`ve always been one who tries to take good care of our cars, but only since discovering Autopia and other detailing sites have I become more excited and passionate about detailing...

skuz
07-02-2006, 08:27 AM
I am from Drummondville, about halfway between Montreal and Quebec city.

mike2000z28
07-03-2006, 07:50 AM
Do you guys know anyone that details cars professionally. Im frustrated because i live in an apartment, and here in wonderful Quebec, we are slow to everything including self car washes where you pull into a bay and wash your own car. So now my car is scratched up pretty bad from idiots. I have black car to boot. Do you guys know anyone in Montreal, that does a great job on black, to get swirls out and scratches?

Mike