PDA

View Full Version : I`ve sworn off lake country pads...

Pages : [1] 2

Corey Bit Spank
04-19-2006, 08:29 PM
At least the yellow ones. They just fall apart. I know this is caused by them being so stiff, but my cyclo-brand pads don`t do this. At all. Ever. I`m so happy that pads for the cyclo are cheap.

Their white pads are okay, but pricey. I do like how thick they are. The blue (previously black) are very nice and durable. I still have a pad from my PC that looks brand new.

Weird.

DrGonzo
04-19-2006, 08:41 PM
I ran into the same problem today, i was polishing with a yellow LC pad and took it off to clean it, the velcro part was warm and fell off in my hands. I didn`t think that a PC was capable of that sort of heat, the last yellow LC pad that i used worked for at least ten polishes but this one fell apart after two. I guess it`s hit and miss.

Corey Bit Spank
04-19-2006, 08:44 PM
I haven`t had a problem with the velco, it seems to be the pad itself. It starts to fray on the edges, and then it just sprays yellow lake country foam goodness all over the place.

DrGonzo
04-19-2006, 08:52 PM
I seem to get some foam fragments with either type of LC pad, but usually its not bad enough to notice. Most of the time they just float off into space and the pad isn`t worse for the wear. It`s the glue that holds the velcro part on that gives me problems.

Scottwax
04-19-2006, 09:41 PM
I use mostly the white VC polishing pads but my yellow one is fine. Are y`all using the flat pads or the VC pads?

DrGonzo
04-19-2006, 10:07 PM
The pads i use are concave. The white pads seem to last alright, but the yellow pads seem to lose the velcro backing quickly. The one that fell apart today was only taken out of the original plastic two weeks ago. Two polishes and it fell apart, i hope that is just a fluke as i was planning on ordering some more soon.

Bioman
04-20-2006, 01:15 AM
Aren`t the orange pads stiffer than the yellow? At least that`s how mine feel.

blackntan
04-20-2006, 03:49 AM
Anyone else using the orange `wolfgang` pads from autogeek??

Talk about a cheap piece of crap... The velcro on these isn`t strong enough to counteract the rotational force of the PC. The pads routinely jump positions on me, unsettling the PC and even running the risk of the pad flying off during polishing. It`s horrible.

Does no one make a worth while pad??? How about the EDGE pad system? I have to make a change, this is killing me...

SVR
04-20-2006, 04:46 AM
Yes edge`s are great and I am about to get LC`s VC curved edge 4 inch and 6 1/2 inch

They`ve been around a fair while and if ranney sells them, I`m convinced

Nothing I have bought from him has been crappy

holland_patrick
04-20-2006, 06:01 AM
I have the whole edge system and I belive it`s great.. not worrying about a backing plate and on my last detail i went from a 3 1/2 inch spot buff pad on my tail gate to the 8 inch pad on my hood.. all with two adapters..one for my pc and one for me rotary..

Bill D
04-20-2006, 06:08 AM
The 4" pads are susceptible to fraying especially if not perfectly centered but I`ve had few, if any instances with the typical 6- 6.5" pads doing this, yellow, white, or orange.

Scottwax
04-20-2006, 06:23 AM
Does no one make a worth while pad???

I`ve been getting great results from the Meguiars pads (whatever they changed with the velcro a few years ago worked!), Propel and Lake Country VC pads. I can`t even remember the last time I lost a pad due to the velcro coming off.

imported_NT2SHBBY
04-20-2006, 06:24 AM
Does no one make a worth while pad??? How about the EDGE pad system? I have to make a change, this is killing me...

I`ve had good luck with Sonus SFX pad system.....

percynjpn
04-20-2006, 07:20 AM
I ran into the same problem today, i was polishing with a yellow LC pad and took it off to clean it, the velcro part was warm and fell off in my hands. I didn`t think that a PC was capable of that sort of heat, the last yellow LC pad that i used worked for at least ten polishes but this one fell apart after two. I guess it`s hit and miss.

The same thing happened to my first LC yellow pad - on the second use! The replacement I got has been used twice (only) also, but it`s ok so far. Of course there was the "cookie -cutter" problem with my LC Orange pads, too, but since I got the Cyclo, I don`t use them anymore.

For the Cyclo, I`ve found the Cyclo pads to more durable than the 4" LCs (I haven`t tried any other 4" brands on it).

bmwbear
04-20-2006, 07:26 AM
Anyone else using the orange `wolfgang` pads from autogeek??

Talk about a cheap piece of crap... The velcro on these isn`t strong enough to counteract the rotational force of the PC. The pads routinely jump positions on me, unsettling the PC and even running the risk of the pad flying off during polishing. It`s horrible.

I have been using the Sonus Pads with no issue, and you REALLY have to try hard to get the pad to release from the backing plate when changing them