PDA

View Full Version : Vinyl Graphics on Rear Glass

Shaun Carollo
03-01-2005, 03:42 PM
It`s gonna cost me about $50, for some vinyl graphics (50" X 35") to be laid out on my rear hatch. It will have my business logo, and phone number on it. What do you guys think about this kind of advertising, obviously it will pay off, but I don`t want my car to get MORE attention, well I do but only when I am near it. I think the graphics could possibly cause negative attention, such as vandelism.

What do you guys think?

Thanks,
-Shaun

rollman
03-01-2005, 04:00 PM
Just wondering why you think having advertising on your window will cause vandelism. Do you have that many enemies .

Shaun Carollo
03-01-2005, 06:13 PM
Just wondering why you think having advertising on your window will cause vandelism. Do you have that many enemies .

No, but I`m 18, drive a nice clean car, and go to parties with intoxicated people attending them. It`s that fact that I`m setting my car away from everyones elses.

MS22
03-01-2005, 06:42 PM
I think you`ll be fine. My car stands out a bit more than most with a bodykit, fog lights, 18" ADR wheels, etc., and I have never had any form of vandalism done to it. I guess it all depends on the area and type of people you tend to hang out with and I street park mine a few times a week to go to parties/bars/clubs and have never had a problem (knock on wood). I was hit and run once while parked (which I got even for) but have never had any directed vandalism done to me car. This goes the same for alot of people I know who have nice cars. Usually the cars are never the target of the vandalism but either the sheer fact of destroying something is or someone having a problem with the owner is. Poeple may even think that there is a better security system since the car is so nice so I say go ahead and get the graphics.

pappy
03-01-2005, 06:48 PM
i was goin to do this too. on the back of my mountaineer...the only reason why i havnt done it is visibility....i dont know how much it will effect me being able to see whats behind me....

i dont think anyone would do any vandalism just cuz u got a sticker on the back.....i say go for it.....

f1guy68
03-01-2005, 07:10 PM
I have graphics on the back window of my car and in two years I have had no prob`s with vandels etc.

:bigups

Shaun Carollo
03-01-2005, 07:41 PM
I have graphics on the back window of my car and in two years I have had no prob`s with vandels etc.

:bigups

How effective would you say it is as a marketing tool? I know it`s worth at least $50 but how often do you get a call from someone who saw you driving around with your info on the back?

f1guy68
03-01-2005, 08:04 PM
I would honestly say that it brings me only 25% of any business I get!

The fact that it is on my car rather than a company truck, van or trailer seems to indicate to many that I get my car detailed by the company on the window, and that I`m not the guy who owns the company and does the work! Does that make any sense???

Still worth the $40.00 I paid, but word of mouth will always be your best advertising!

maximv1
03-01-2005, 08:48 PM
any extra advertising can`t hurt and if it is run as a business, it can lead to alot of write-off`s on taxes. something to look into.