PDA

View Full Version : I was to the belief Zaino was anti -static...

Pages : [1] 2 3

imported_cp1
04-19-2006, 08:15 AM
or at least to a point.

I have 3 coats of Z2 Pro with ZFX and a final mist of Z8. My car was not out of the garage maybe 5 minutes and was permanantly covered in pollen. Even after a swift drive it wouldn`t blow off.

Hmmm :hairpull

Diesel1
04-19-2006, 09:04 AM
I think many products claim to be anti static and may very well be, however, the application process itself is what I find causes the static build up. Take a rubber balloon, by itself fairly static free...do the old rub on a sweater and bam, static gallore!

I have the same problem with my G. The rear bumpper attracts so much dust and dirt it`s unreal! I hoped Zaino would cure it but it didn`t!

imported_memnuts
04-19-2006, 09:47 AM
Pollen "settles" on the finish and attaches itself with little hooks. Driving will not remove all.

Spring is a beautiful season but pollen season STINKS!!!! :(

wannafbody
04-19-2006, 10:45 AM
anti-static doesn`t mean that dust and pollen won`t fall on the surface

imported_cp1
04-19-2006, 01:22 PM
anti-static doesn`t mean that dust and pollen won`t fall on the surface

True. But....it is really on there including the side windows (which of course are not Zainoed)

ZaneO
04-19-2006, 01:53 PM
it is really on there including the side windows (which of course are not Zainoed)

So how is this the product`s fault?

DaVeeD
04-19-2006, 02:04 PM
I think many products claim to be anti static and may very well be, however, the application process itself is what I find causes the static build up. Take a rubber balloon, by itself fairly static free...do the old rub on a sweater and bam, static gallore!

I have the same problem with my G. The rear bumpper attracts so much dust and dirt it`s unreal! I hoped Zaino would cure it but it didn`t!

Ya my bumper on my G was full of static... but the rest of the car was fine... same goes with yours? (i didnt use zaino)

Asonyexec
04-19-2006, 02:52 PM
hey

Diesel1
04-19-2006, 03:18 PM
Ya my bumper on my G was full of static... but the rest of the car was fine... same goes with yours? (i didnt use zaino)

Yeah pretty much! The rear urethane bumper just keeps a static charge no matter what you do! It sux! Plus it`s black so ....well everyone knows how that is! LOL

admac
04-19-2006, 03:22 PM
i found zaino gave me MORE dust on my car than with other products.

imported_cp1
04-19-2006, 04:16 PM
So how is this the product`s fault?

It states on just about every bottle of Zaino product "anti static".

So this would lead me to believe somewhat that dust-pollen-airborne particulate, whatever it might be might not be attracted to a car with 3 coats of Zaino per instruction.

Hence my thread. :nana:

imported_memnuts
04-19-2006, 05:53 PM

So this would lead me to believe somewhat that dust-pollen-airborne particulate, whatever it might be might not be attracted to a car with 3 coats of Zaino per instruction.

:think:

I guess you also believe the your BMW is the "Ultimate Driving Machine" :lol

DrGonzo
04-19-2006, 06:43 PM
Pollen will settle on anything and everything no matter how anti-static it might be. This time of year washing is a waste of time, i wash every couple of weeks and wait for the pollen to stop.

ZaneO
04-19-2006, 06:53 PM

You said it was equal on the windows which had no Zaino...doesn`t that answer your question? It`s your environment, not the product.

SpoiledMan
04-19-2006, 07:02 PM
You said it was equal on the windows which had no Zaino...doesn`t that answer your question? It`s your environment, not the product.

Actually what it proves is that the Z`d surface isn`t anti-static.