PDA

View Full Version : anyone in GTA who can teach me to wetsand ?

s2skimon
04-19-2006, 07:55 AM
anyone with some serious wet sanding skills want to teach me ?

I have a nice honda civic trunk we can practice on ?

Of course I`d pay you for your lesson :D

thanks

imported_Picus
04-19-2006, 08:39 AM
http://autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=70028

I`d be happy to show you what I know (I`m not sure I have "serious" skills, but hey...), although I`ve seen your work and am pretty sure you would be fine without me!

s2skimon
04-19-2006, 08:47 AM
thanks.. I`ll PM you for some upcoming Fridays and Sundays possibly thanks

as we`ll have to let it dry for day 2

scott_cyan
04-19-2006, 03:58 PM
would also like to see this done give me a shout when it is happing if u dont mind

dalethompson
05-05-2006, 01:02 PM
I don`t mean to jump into this thread as a newbie but perhaps we can make this a group event sometime? My idiot neighbour who parks beside me underground at my building side-swiped my New Beetle I believe and rubbed some paint off the back a bit. Thank goodness the Beetle has front and back plastic bumpers, or I`ll really be in trouble over this. Bad news is that it`s kinda down to the black primer on the plastic... good news (I think) is that it`s just rubbed off, no dents (obviously, on plastic) or gouges... it`s as clean as a scrape or scratch could be.

I can post pics as well and maybe you guys can give me your expert opinion on this... seems like a pretty small job to bring into the autobody shop and get bent over a barrel for... plus, I`d like to learn how to repair the paint on my car so I can do some other little repairs too.

Take care,

Dale

P.S. I live in the Annex... where is everyone else located?

imported_Picus
05-05-2006, 01:12 PM
I`m in Queen West (Queen at Claremont), so not too far. And ya, we should all find a place and get together sometime. I have a pretty big detailing meet this Sunday but after that I will keep my eyes open for locations/dates.

s2skimon
05-05-2006, 04:42 PM
i`m in mississauga.. meet me and Picus say at my place next weekend if the weather is good ?

I`ll plan during next week..

i`ll have some beers ready and maybe I can get BLUPAULS from lastingshine.ca to help out as well ?

pm me

Kevin, I also have to give you that guys info as well

imported_Picus
05-05-2006, 06:48 PM
That sounds good. I`ll be free one of the two days next weekend. I`ve got an appointment on the other day (the guy hasn`t decided yet /shrug).

You guys know where to find me. :) If you need other contact info (e-mail, phone #), it`s on my website.

dalethompson
05-08-2006, 08:32 AM
Next weekend as in May 13th & 14th? If so, I`m going back to Belleville (my home town) for Mother`s Day, so I won`t be able to make it :cry:

I`ll give you a quick low-down on what I`m looking to learn or pick-up from someone:

The hood of my 1999 New Beetle is marred with tiny stone chips... so much that when I wax (the rest of the car is pretty decent), all I can see is little white specks against the blue paint. I got a quote of $400 to buff them out but, since I love trying things myself, I would love to see if I could do that for half the price. Another garage quoted me $1200 to repaint it, so that`s out of the question too.

For a few deep scratches, I used Langka this weekend. I only used the Blob remover on a small one so far (as the bigger scratches need a lot more time for the paint to dry and bond properly) but, it looks to work pretty good. I wetsanded the scratches (by hand) with 2000 grit paper (I really should get something higher though) and really took my time. I then used some rubbing compound and it cleaned it up really nice. Then, I filled in the scratches with my OEM paint and will try to clean up the excess next weekend.

I`m really just kean on learning to keep my car looking amazing... I only really detail for people I know, just for fun and a challenge.

Take care,

Dale

imported_Picus
05-08-2006, 08:42 AM
Hey Dale - that sounds like it`ll be right up our alley. I think we`re moving this back to the following weekend because of Mothers Day. Simon will probably update this thread with details since we`ll be at his place. :)

dalethompson
05-15-2006, 07:51 AM
Awesome, much appreciated!!!

I`ll keep checking out this thread for more details then... again, thanks!

-Dale

SkeptiKal
05-16-2006, 02:20 PM
Im from around the area as well. If you guys dont mind another watcher, Im down.

s2skimon
05-16-2006, 08:28 PM
tentatively this Saturday or Sunday