PDA

View Full Version : Best One Step Application Methods

2.5RS
04-19-2006, 07:04 AM
Inspired by the Best One Step Products (http://autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=70057&page=1&pp=12&highlight=step) thread, I am curious wether or not you have any special applications methods for these cleaner/waxes? Does hand application work best for you? PC? PC +finished pad? PC + light polishing pad? etc...

This is more of a curiosity type of question than anything else I suppose. Seemed like Meg`s ColorX had a pretty strong following, and would be a good option for those times when a friend or family member didn`t want to spend a lot of time. Really I suppose I am asking if you do anything special to "enhance" the cleaning/filling/waxing/whatever properties of the one step product you`ve chosen?

Thanks

-- Andrew

Wasatch
04-19-2006, 07:42 AM
Because the One-Steps have a light abrasive and/or cleaner, you will need a little more bite. That being said I use a MF or terry cloth applicator.

a.k.a. Patrick
04-19-2006, 08:28 AM
I`d use a PC without hesitation. Your going to get much better polishing and cleaning compliment.

bjackson8
04-19-2006, 08:42 AM
I use the PC with a blue Propel pad. Don`t know if it is better than hand application, but it is alot easier and faster.

The only things that I apply by hand are #16 & #476S.