PDA

View Full Version : Best one step products

Pages : [1] 2

dtailmycar
04-18-2006, 12:11 PM
Guys I`m planning on doing some details this month, but usualy people wants the simple cleanup and wax thing, type of detail. So my question is, what one-step product has produced the better results for you, in terms of cleaning, polishing, and shine...

imported_newwaxer
04-18-2006, 01:18 PM
http://www.meguiars.com/estore/products/product_G11816.jpg

Meguiar`s ColorX (http://www.meguiars.com/estore/product_detailpage.cfm?product=COLORx%AE&sku=G-118)

"ColorX is Meguiar`s newest addition to the Cleaner/Wax family. ColorX is like Meguiar`s traditional Cleaner/Wax, (A-1216), on steroids. It`s more effective at cleaning neglected finishes, restoring optimum clarity and leaving behind an incredibly long lasting synthetic polymer paint protectant than Meguiar`s Cleaner/Wax, (A-12), without having to resort to harsh abrasives and without giving up the kind of stellar results you have come to expect from Meguiar`s products. ColorX can be applied by hand, dual-action polisher and orbital buffers."

gtbaka
04-18-2006, 01:23 PM
I haven`t used it on an entire car, but used to to restore faded mirror housings, seal windshields, and certain panels, but initial thoughts are that it probably will be the *best* one step product I`ve ever used. Super easy application. Amazing results, gloss, restoration, slickness.

Acrylic Jacket.

Solo Cali
04-18-2006, 01:27 PM
Ditto on the Color "X".

twitch
04-18-2006, 01:45 PM
+3 on the ColorX

bjackson8
04-18-2006, 01:47 PM
I`ll ditto the ColorX also. It is a great cleaning product, and it is very easy to use. Very similar to NXT in the easy of use department. I usually apply with the PC and a blue Propel pad. Looks are probably better than most "cleaner waxes" that I have used in the past.

I can`t say what the durability is like, because I have always topped it.

ColorX topped with #845 has been great for me on all the vehicles that I have tried it on.

matt colvin
04-18-2006, 01:49 PM
I have to agree on the colorx. It will remove or fill some very light scratches, and it is killer on oxidation.

Colorx, and a good wax will get you good results without alot more work.

hook
04-18-2006, 01:52 PM
Wow...I`ve been away for a while - I originally thought that first post was a joke! I used "ColorX" many years ago, I don`t think Meguiars owned/distributed it then..it was simply awful.

Needless to say, I would never have bought it and tried it again, maybe now I will have to.....

Anyway, I was going to recommend AIO for paint that`s in decent shape....

good detailing,

Andrew

Mr.Concours
04-18-2006, 01:55 PM
I would like to chime in and vote for Klasse AIO but I haven`t yet used Color X mabe someone who has experence of both could give their opinion?

SilverLexus
04-18-2006, 02:02 PM
I have to say Zaino Z-8 may be the best one step after a wash for restoring shine as long as one has the Zaino sealant or something similar on the car...

gbackus
04-18-2006, 02:26 PM
I have to say Zaino Z-8 may be the best one step after a wash for restoring shine as long as one has the Zaino sealant or something similar on the car...

WOW! What a plug! Not even on topic! Did you even read the question, or do you get a quarter for every Z plug you post?

Wasatch
04-18-2006, 02:47 PM
Tropi-Care TC-3xP, I will also be trying Menzerna`s AJ this summer.

03COBRA
04-18-2006, 03:45 PM
Are we looking for a product with polishing abilities?

Why not Werkstatt Prime "Strong", then spray OCW on it while you remove it?

How can you beat that...

05Sleeper
04-18-2006, 04:00 PM
how is colorX on metallics?

imported_MCA
04-18-2006, 04:07 PM
I have and like both AIO and ColorX. They have similar qualities but just enough differences to justify keeping them both.

Worthwhile 1-step thread (http://autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=66564&highlight=aio+colorx)

In my experience, I find AIO to be a slighty better initial cleaner - However, ColorX has a creamier consistency that allows you to work it a little bit longer and take advantage of your polishing pad.

Hope this helps.