PDA

View Full Version : miss match in paint

slippy
04-18-2006, 06:27 AM
Hi, i am new to the forum. I had to get one door of my car painted, and there is a slight miss match in the colour,between this door and the door next to it, and i was wondering if anybody knows if there is any wax that might hide this, or make it less noticeable,something like trying to make the paint on one door appear darker. I would be gratefull for any advice you could give me. thanks in advance.

slippy
04-18-2006, 11:57 PM
can anybody help?

602rwtq
04-19-2006, 12:12 AM
you got bad service. the body shop should have blended paint on the panels adjacent to the door.

the best you can do is buff/polish the door and the adjacent panels. if you can`t do this, pay a local detailer $50 cash for the job.

EMazda3S
04-19-2006, 02:10 AM
I agree. That should not have happened. Have you complained to the body shop??

They should rectify this.

jdhutchin
04-19-2006, 09:36 AM
There`s not really a whole lot you can do detailing to try to correct a difference in the color of the underlying paint. Most detailing products try to bring out the paint, not hide it, so you should probably do what others have suggested- get the body shop to fix it.

BobD
04-19-2006, 09:40 AM
I wouldn`t say you got bad service. I would go ask the paint shop, the paint could of been matched wrong but your oem paint could be faded from the sun and the new paint they made to match oem specs. Blending in the other panels won`t do much when looking at the car from a distance.