PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning leather on convertible shelf

cas
04-17-2006, 07:49 PM
below is a picture of the leather Im trying to clean. this picture is from when the car was new. now it has some black dirt (soot maybe from when the top is down ) impregnated into it. I tried cleaning it with the lexol cleaner but didnt make any progress. What should my next course of action be?

(im trying to clean the leather at the very bottom of this picture)

http://www.silvercas.com/drop/bimmer_/bimmer11.jpg

VWdriver
04-17-2006, 09:21 PM
My mom has the same car, 303 spot cleaner works great, especially with a soft brush.

gmblack3
04-17-2006, 09:53 PM
Mr clean magic eraser and APC cut 1-8/10?

racingbeat
04-18-2006, 07:00 AM
1Z leather care with a terry towel. Used it on my GT3 seats yesterday just for the heck of it because they still looked clean. After a quick application the terry towel was dark and dirty. I followed up with Leatherique Prestine Clean to condition.

cas
06-24-2007, 09:55 PM
The dirt was building up greatly so I finally tackled this.

Magic Eraser, didnt do much but fall apart.

I then pulled out 100% Degresser and it was pulling the dirt off easily. My white cloths were turing black. Im having diffulcuty believing this is safe. So I washed the shelf with water when I was done. Should I try cutting the degresser with water 50/50? Should I apply a leather conditioner when Im done? I dont even think this is leather.

Thanks

imported_DetailDan
06-24-2007, 09:59 PM
I think a better choice would of been Woolite 8:1. Thats what I use on carpet mats. Cheap and you can get it local if you`re in a bind. But I use DP total interior cleaner on everything inside. I wouldnt put a conditioner on it. Instead Id use DP interior protectant, UV resistant.