PDA

View Full Version : layering question on durability/shine

rotts4u
04-17-2006, 01:20 PM
When using different LSPs one on top of another does anyone really know which set of benefits (tied to each product) you really end up with?

For example if I put a very durable Zanio on top of a warm glossy pinnacle carnuba will the top layers worse durability be what I experience? Or will it still have the durability of the typically long lasting Zanio?

I bought my first bottle of Collonite recently and the beeding is completely insane but isnt it basically silicone causing that? So should I put something else on top or below to enhance shine?

Lately I have been playing with these main products

Mothers reflections

Pinnacle Soverign paste

Zanio 1 and 2 pro

Tropicare

Mothers Synwax

Collinite 845

Plus a few other meguiars swirl removers/pure polish and preps as needed to get the surface ready for LSPs. The vehicles are 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 RED and BMW 3 series white.

Thanks

TigerMike
04-17-2006, 02:22 PM
The last product you apply to a finish will only be as durable as the product aplied underneath it. That`s the theory why most people don`t apply a sealant over a carnauba, but the other way around, generally.

Some products, like Zaino for instance, need a clean surface in order to bond and crosslink to paint. Applying it over other products will severly hinder its performance.