PDA

View Full Version : transporting detailing products

titsataki
04-17-2006, 09:14 AM
Hi everybody,

I will be moving within the next month so I will be transporting my car and my detailing supplies. I know MF will be fine but I got some concern about all the chemicals. (wheel cleaners, polishes, waxes etc...) I also have heard that moving companies will not transport spray cans etc. I have thought about shipping UPS just before I leave but this is like gallons of diferent things. It may get expensive. What is the consensus about transporting stuff in the trunk? I can secure them so they will not shake and rattle and I can supply the vallet key that does not work for the trunk (I have no folding seats). Does that sound reasonable?

Cheers

Nick

BobD
04-17-2006, 09:27 AM
Sounds fine to me. I am sure they will be fine in the trunk.

Diesel1
04-17-2006, 09:40 AM
When I go to car shows etc, I found some low profile plastic bins with lids that I put all my stuff in. Usually HD has a variety but places like walmart or target have them cheaper and probably a larger variety of sizes etc. Try to find ones high enough to keep your materials upright and will still fit in your trunk. You should be fine with that. If by chance you have more room then needed in one bin, just add something to fill it. Usually the junk towels etc or even crumpled up newspaper will do the trick. This will make certain everything remains upright.

titsataki
04-17-2006, 12:05 PM
Sounds good. Now I think I did not give full details. I will shipping my car via an enclosed trailer accross country (CA to CT). So it is not like I will be driving it. I find no reason it would be a problem but I thought I`d ask.

Thanks

wytstang
04-17-2006, 12:12 PM
I moved all my detailing supplys in my trunk during a 10 hour drive going 80-90 miles an hour. Go to Advance Auto and ask an employee if they have any oil case boxes you can have. I have a small stash compared to most but it took about 4/5 boxes, 32oz bottels take up some room.

titsataki
04-17-2006, 01:05 PM
I moved all my detailing supplys in my trunk during a 10 hour drive going 80-90 miles an hour. Go to Advance Auto and ask an employee if they have any oil case boxes you can have. I have a small stash compared to most but it took about 4/5 boxes, 32oz bottels take up some room.

Got them all in plastic tubs. I think I will put some old rugs to secure them so they will not move around and put them in the trunk while the car gets transported on the carrier.

thanks for input.

Nick