PDA

View Full Version : Zaino vs. Poorboys

Pages : [1] 2 3

blownvert
04-17-2006, 07:50 AM
What is better on a black car? Lets here what you have to say. Im talking about from the polishes to the spray detail. The whole works. I know poorboy`s is cheaper.

SpoiledMan
04-17-2006, 08:19 AM
If you don`t mind using it often then the Poorboys sealant/wax will give you nice results. You`ll just have to "bond" with your car much less often with the Zaino.

imported_Detailing Technology
04-17-2006, 08:19 AM
http://autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=69972

Look for my name - there are pictures of a Poorboys prep with a Zaino finish.

I dont think Zaino make paint correctino chemicals like Poorboys. Maybe the sealants and QD sparays are a more fair comparison.

FWIW - I do like Zaino, but I like the look of wax better on black.

ZaneO
04-17-2006, 08:21 AM
No one can answer this question. It`s all personal preference/opinion.

imported_Blake
04-17-2006, 08:33 AM
To me there is also a big difference in price. I`m not knocking Zaino at all but I do think you have to consider that it is a "system" and with the requirement to start off with a separate bonding agent the price is definitely increased. I`m sure that Zaino is a very good product but I`ve been very pleased with EX-P from the Poorboy`s line.

racingbeat
04-17-2006, 10:27 AM
I ordered both Acrylic Jett and Poorboys EX-P. I decided not to order a refill of Klasse SG but I plan to continue using All in One.

Here`s my project this weekend.

1. SSR 2.5

2. AIO

3. EX-P front of car, Acrylic Jett rear of car.

4. Pink Wax

5. FK F100 & #425

blownvert
04-17-2006, 02:04 PM
so is the whole line of poorboy`s worth buying? So poorboys is a wax and zaino is a polish. I have some zaino left over, does that go with poorboys in bonding?

imported_memnuts
04-17-2006, 02:14 PM
If you prep your Black finish to its highest level (isn`t that why we spend time here) both products will produce wonderful results.

blownvert
04-17-2006, 02:22 PM
If you prep your Black finish to its highest level (isn`t that why we spend time here) both products will produce wonderful results.

To achieve best results, dont you basically need a PC to buff out swirl marks?

TigerMike
04-17-2006, 02:25 PM
What is better on a black car? Lets here what you have to say. Im talking about from the polishes to the spray detail. The whole works. I know poorboy`s is cheaper.

Looks are going to be completely subjective. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder when it comes to personal preferece. That said, Poorboys and Zaino perform great, but are also very different. While looks between the both could be debated for days/months/years/decades/etc, there is no doubt Zaino is more durable and protective, if that appeals to you.

racingbeat
04-17-2006, 02:28 PM
I haven`t used Poor Boy`s EX-P (with carnauba) on black but I hear its one of the few sealants that will give you depth on its own.

imported_memnuts
04-17-2006, 02:36 PM
To achieve best results, dont you basically need a PC to buff out swirl marks?

Wonderful results can be achieved by hand and a lot of elbow grease, patience and skill. A PC will definitely help, but that too requires an inherited safe learning curve. Definitely get a PC no matter what product brand you plan to use. Great results will not come over-night but as time goes on and practice, you will acknowledge :idea that with good prep a whole new world of results will blossum.

Downside: Your eyes will become more and more discerning and that perfect finish is always one more polishing session away. ;)

When you achieve this level of prep with black, all other colors will be a walk in the park. :geez

Addendum: If you are talking about C5 Corvette paint. Yes, you need at least a PC.

blownvert
04-17-2006, 03:12 PM
Looks are going to be completely subjective. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder when it comes to personal preferece. That said, Poorboys and Zaino perform great, but are also very different. While looks between the both could be debated for days/months/years/decades/etc, there is no doubt Zaino is more durable and protective, if that appeals to you.

so in your opinion zaino is better than poorboys.

Scottwax
04-17-2006, 03:28 PM
No one can answer this question. It`s all personal preference/opinion.

:werd: My thoughts exactly.

Scottwax
04-17-2006, 03:34 PM
so is the whole line of poorboy`s worth buying? So poorboys is a wax and zaino is a polish. I have some zaino left over, does that go with poorboys in bonding?

Poorboy`s makes some excellent products. The SSR line is great if you have to work in the sun, although Optimum seems just fine too. The products of their`s I really like are EX-P, EX w/carnauba (love it on black) and Natty`s Blue.

Ignore the wax/polish names, Zaino is actually a sealant (Z2/Z5), not sure why they are called polishes.