PDA

View Full Version : This stuff really cleans pads

imported_Gears
04-15-2006, 08:12 AM
I bought " ZEP shower, bath and tile cleaner" at Home Depot about $8 a gallon. A few sprays on a dirty pad or applicator, squeeze and rinse.

This works as well as any product I`ve tried for pad cleaning.

imported_cj99si
04-15-2006, 08:47 AM
What are you cleaning off your pads. Ive had pretty good luck with water myself.

Tasty
04-15-2006, 08:59 AM
Me too, a brisk rinse with the spray nozzle from the hose blasts all the SSR 2.5 off of my cutting pad nicely.

imported_Gears
04-15-2006, 09:08 AM
What are you cleaning off your pads. Ive had pretty good luck with water myself.

Everything I use, all polishes, sealants and waxes.

I`ve never been able to remove that stuff with just water.

xflawless
04-15-2006, 03:10 PM
I`d be curious to try this out because I know polishes and waxes can get caked up on the pads sometimes. However my question is how are you sure you get all of the cleaner off the pad so it doesn`t get on the car the next time you go to use it and also if you do get the cleaner on your car, what are the affects it may have on the paint? Not sure I`d be willing to find out though.

DM101
04-15-2006, 03:36 PM
I would never use pads or applicators that have not been washed to remove the last product that was on there. We have Dollar General stores around here and they sell a APC called Mean Green $5 gallon. Charlie`s Soap is my favorite.