PDA

View Full Version : Best Cyclo Pads

Djmigs
04-15-2006, 12:39 AM
Hi Fellas,

I recently made the purchase of a cyclo :woohoo: .....i was curious for those who do have the cyclo what pads have you tried in the past present and plan to get in the future and what was your take on the pads...any advice comment help....im thinking of trying the Lc spot pads which seems the best price v. the cyclo...one last question how many pads do you at least need min. to detail car or truck or suv....thanks fellas Have a Great Easter Weekend :xyxthumbs

thanks

miguel :2thumbs:

percynjpn
04-15-2006, 07:02 AM
Hi Miguel,

Welcome to the Cyclo club! I use both Cyclo pads and LC spot pads (at least the orange and yellow). The LCs are thicker, but I don`t see any difference in performance. In fact, the Cyclo pads have proven to be more durable in my experience.

For one detail, you only need one set of each pad, whichever the maker (if that`s what you mean). If you mean which pad varieties would be required, I`d say at the minimum you should have at least one set of orange and one set of green. For slightly more aggressive polishing, a set of yellow (cutting) pads; for sealant/ wax application, a set of the white pads. (though I prefer to do most of that by hand).

Hope you enjoy your new Cyclo!

Todd

03COBRA
04-15-2006, 07:16 AM
Hey DJ,

I just got some Propel 4" pads. Appear to be very nice. I will use them tomorrow and let you know.

For what it`s worth they are $6.99 a pair, that`s better than the LC price I think...

Accumulator
04-15-2006, 08:46 AM
I`m still using the Cyclo brand pads, after all these years I`m just comfortable with them.

I`d get more than you think you`ll need. People tend to really load up the pads with the Cyclo, at least until they get the hang of it. While you can stop, clean `em, and then spin them dry, it`s nice to have spares.

The Cyclo yellow cutting pads tend to wear quickly and lose some cut, so I`d get a few of those. I also use these under MF bonnets.

Haven`t tried the organge pads.

Get plenty of the green pads as they`re the ones you`ll probably use most often.

The white finishing pads are good for final polishing and for LSPs. When used to apply the latter they`ll last for years.

SpoiledMan
04-15-2006, 09:33 AM
I`m still using the Cyclo brand pads, after all these years I`m just comfortable with them.

I`d get more than you think you`ll need. People tend to really load up the pads with the Cyclo, at least until they get the hang of it. While you can stop, clean `em, and then spin them dry, it`s nice to have spares.

The Cyclo yellow cutting pads tend to wear quickly and lose some cut, so I`d get a few of those. I also use these under MF bonnets.

Haven`t tried the organge pads.

Get plenty of the green pads as they`re the ones you`ll probably use most often.

The white finishing pads are good for final polishing and for LSPs. When used to apply the latter they`ll last for years.

Pretty much what I said the other day eh Miguel?

Djmigs
04-15-2006, 04:40 PM
Just wanted to thanks you all for your help and advice...

Todd thank you..that info was informative i first wondered if the lc last longer being thick but thats not the case since you an other have told me about the durabilty...i know i will enjoy it i just need to make some time ive been dying to try it out ive only plugged in and turned it on....once again thank you....

04cobra i just placed an order for a pair of there cutting pads only i wanterd to try them out to see if the meet my expectation not only that Chris aka Spoiledman hint about without looking at the color just thickness and you can tell if it a cutting or a polish beside feel(correct me if im wrong chris)...so thanks 04 cobra ...

Mr Accumulator...thank you again ..i did not forget what you told me and suggested....once again thank you sir....

Chris...yes you did sir....i aswell havent forgot what you told me...once again thank you too for meeting up with me and for your suggestions....maybe once when you have some time of of your schedule meet up and do a full detail with r hitachis & cyclos HAHA :woohoo: again thanks....by the way i ended up going that evening when you left to the long beach grand prix that was my first and it wont be my last....i cannot explain how wild it was not only were there some many women and drink but the sounds of these car pass you by.....

:D Thanks fellas you guys rock :D ...it members like you all who make this place....thanks for all your help and suggestions....

also wanted to inform you guys i made my decision and purchased the cyclo premium one of each except the cutting pads i order two i also am trying out propel cutting pad....by the way Lc Spot pads have a grey and blue would i benefit from them since cyclo only four and is there any inbetween pad in another brand or im set...

:work:

SpoiledMan
04-15-2006, 04:54 PM
I`m glad I could help! Now that your cousin is riding around with two really shiny spots on his car is he ready to put up the bucks for us to finish it?:D

Accumulator
04-15-2006, 05:01 PM
Mr Accumulator...thank you again ..i did not forget what you told me and suggested....once again thank you sir....

You`re welcome. Heh heh, all that "Mr." and "sir" stuff makes me feel like I`m still teaching :D

Lc Spot pads have a grey and blue would i benefit from them..

Those are the two LC finishing pads, right? I`d say either/or myself. I don`t quite get the need for varying degrees of super-soft finishing pads, at least with the Cyclo (somewhat aggressive for a D/A-type polisher). Maybe I`m missing something, but it seems to me that once you get a pad so soft that it doesn`t contribute any cut of its own you`re at the "soft enough" point where any *further* softness isn`t gonna make a functional difference. IMO any differences between them are likely to just be personal preference regarding how they behave with different products (some pads and products just "go together" and some just don`t. If I *am* missing something, somebody please correct me...

imported_Aurora40
04-15-2006, 08:02 PM
Yeah, I`d say get lots of the Cyclo green pads. They work well and are cheap. And they do seem to load up a lot easier than a PC pad.

I have some LC curved pads and some SM Arnold ones and the Cyclo ones are what I prefer. All I really use are the green pads.