PDA

View Full Version : Canadian`s who buy from US stores...

Pages : [1] 2 3

BobD
04-13-2006, 07:06 PM
What is your prefered method of shipping? I did not realize until this week that you all got charged a brokerage fee when shipped via UPS.

Thanks!

imported_Picus
04-13-2006, 07:23 PM
Regular ol` USPS -> Canada Post. You still pay duty on most items, but it`s COD and you`re normally told the amount you`ll have to pay ahead of time and sometimes (if you`re lucky), they don`t charge any duty at all.

Another nice thing about that is if you miss the item they`ll bring it to the local post office, which is almost always more convenient than a UPS store/package center.

Black240SX
04-13-2006, 08:54 PM
Yes, USPS is the way to go unless you are in a big hurry to get something.

vicvic
04-13-2006, 11:06 PM
Yes USPS please.. UPS charge ridiculous brokerage fee.. I got charged $21.xx tax+brokerage on a $25 USD product.. go figure..

Big Leegr
04-14-2006, 02:17 AM
What is your prefered method of shipping? I did not realize until this week that you all got charged a brokerage fee when shipped via UPS.

Thanks!

Wadda ya mean "did not realize until this week?" ;) :grinno:

http://www.danaseforums.com/posting.php?mode=quote&p=3375&sid=3713c6b9203686b530a835b119bc24fd

JohnZ3MC
04-14-2006, 10:29 AM
Being a broker is like having a licence to steal. I hold used car salesmen in higher regard than I do brokers. Imagine sitting at a desk, filling out one lousy sheet of paper/form, and charging their exhorbitant fee. I wonder if there is a brokerage watchdog/regulatory agency anywhere?

USPS is good.

-John C.

steck
04-14-2006, 05:08 PM
Ups is the worst for brokerage fees....try Purolator next time...

some of the suppliers (if you ask) will mark ""GIFT"" on the package, and thus you dont get charged the duty and extra border fees!! be sure to ask next time,,,

or order from eshine.ca

boxer
04-14-2006, 07:04 PM
When purchasing from the states USPS works best. If you can also make the value of the shipment at less than $50 and as a gift, normally there aren`t any extra fees.

UPS is the devil.

sneek
04-14-2006, 08:49 PM
yes ups is the devil but they are always fast!

JohnZ3MC
04-14-2006, 11:36 PM

Thanks!

I just went to your site and ordered 4 ClearKote products but didn`t see usps as a shipping alternative so I didn`t actually place the order yet, fearing that usps isn`t an option.

Let me know when it`s available for us Canadians and I`ll order in a New York minute. Thanks,

-John C.

BobD
04-16-2006, 06:01 AM
Wadda ya mean "did not realize until this week?" ;) :grinno:

http://www.danaseforums.com/posting.php?mode=quote&p=3375&sid=3713c6b9203686b530a835b119bc24fd

Looks like I missed that part of your post. LOL

imported_Blake
04-16-2006, 06:53 AM
I have the luxury of a US mailing address as well as getting items shipped to my home in the Great White North. I just had some items shipped from Florida to NY State and paid a premium to UPS for three day delivery. Six days later they were delivered. Simply put UPS sucks. Their "brokerage fee is a joke - a bad joke.

BobD
04-16-2006, 07:32 AM
I am going tow ork on setting up something for you Canadians through USPS then. The packages might take 48 hours to ship just because getting to the post office before they close won`t be the easiest thing but I think I can make it work for you guys.

imported_Picus
04-16-2006, 07:59 AM
I am going tow ork on setting up something for you Canadians through USPS then. The packages might take 48 hours to ship just because getting to the post office before they close won`t be the easiest thing but I think I can make it work for you guys.

I guarantee we won`t even mind. 48 hours of wait is nothing compared to the hassle you have to go through when stuff is shipped UPS/FedEx. Just the fact that you offer Canadian shipping at all is a huge bonus to us. It`s a lot harder to find enthusiast products up here than in the States so every store that does it is :2thumbs:

BobD
04-16-2006, 09:11 AM
I guarantee we won`t even mind. 48 hours of wait is nothing compared to the hassle you have to go through when stuff is shipped UPS/FedEx. Just the fact that you offer Canadian shipping at all is a huge bonus to us. It`s a lot harder to find enthusiast products up here than in the States so every store that does it is :2thumbs:

Tha is great to hear. I found a post office that is not too far from me that is open sort of late for a post office so I am sure I can do that. Tonight when I get back form the Easter family functions I will work on getting it set up.