PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars 20-21 ?

Toyman
04-13-2006, 01:38 PM
Is there much of a difference in the two? I can find the Meguiars 20 sealant in 16 ounce but the 21 i can only find in gallons

atticdog
04-13-2006, 01:56 PM
12oz sample $9.95 (http://www.autodetailingsolutions.com/Meguiar`s%20Professional%20Protecting%20Products.h tm)

I never tried #20 but i like #21

imported_TheFiveO
04-13-2006, 02:58 PM
#20 is one of Meg`s "older" recipes. While it lists as a sealant, #20 does have some slight cleaning ability. Almost like a real light AIO. #21 is a pure polymer sealant with no cleaners. I have used both am happy with both equally. As a sealant, #21 is pretty awesome though, so I might favor that on a finished ,prepped surface.

imported_newwaxer
04-13-2006, 03:12 PM
#21 has stronger cleaners than NXT. Go right to the source for more information:

"Meguiar`s #21 is a synthetic sealant in that it is totally man-made. Moreover, Meguiar`s #21 takes a no nonsense approach. It is purple in color and smells very similar to #20. It does not have a fruity or otherwise catchy smell. Instead, it has a mild chemical smell not unlike #20. As a result, you can tell right off that this product was meant for the professional! It is a thicker "wet" liquid. When I say, "wet" I am referring to its spread ability and its ability to stay wet when used with a rotary buffer. Hence, the reason it being geared towards the professional detailer. It also has mild specialized cleaners; slightly more than NXT Tech Wax but less than #20 Polymer Sealant. However with that said, if there are cleaners, then they are extremely mild; please see text below."

http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5124

imported_TheFiveO
04-13-2006, 04:34 PM
I stand corrected on the "cleaner" statement. But I concur that it is almost non existent cleaner.

RCBuddha
04-13-2006, 04:47 PM
Is there much of a difference in the two?

I found 21 to be a little bit darker....other than that, they are both easy to use (applied thinly) and look great. Auto Detailing solutions has both in smaller sizes if I`m not mistaken.