PDA

View Full Version : GSRstilez`s Integra smashed by vandals

Pages : [1] 2

G35stilez
02-28-2005, 03:55 PM
Please read the story before browsing through the pics, you know I`d do the same for you ;).

So I went to Philly over the weekend for a Leadership Conference for my Fraternity. One of my other brothers came with me and we found out another brother was in Philly for the weekend with his girlfriend. It just so happens they were at a house party thrown by her older sister, so we were invited.

We got there around 11:oo PM and all was well. We partied light for a little bit and decided the music sucked. My brother had me go grab a CD out of my car, so at 12:3o I did so and all was still well.

Around 2am we decided to take off. By then we had completely sobered up. We said our goodbyes and headed out. I chirped my alarm to unlock and it chirped 4 times noting that it was tripped. Upon getting closer I noticed my rear windshield was smashed in :(.

There was glass everywhere and nothing was stolen thankfully. I got pretty heated and now that I look back I was glad I didn`t catch the people in the act because one of us would`ve been in the ER for the night.

Anyways, I cooled down, cops came and I filled out a report with them. I taped up the rear window with duct tape and a garbage bag and shop vac`d most of the glass out. Upon them giving me my paperwork back they let me know that 2 other incidents just occurred all under 5 mins away. Seems as though some kids/people were out for a night of fun.

The main thing I was mad about was that I had a 4hr trip ahead of me in the morning and it was getting late. Of course, my brother and I got lost heading back to the hotel and ended up pulling in at 4:51 AM. We slept for 6 hours and took off back to CT.

Well all is said and done now. There is glass in my vents, cupholders, seats, floors, door jams, and everywhere else. We made it home fine and averaged about 85mph (we just cranked the stereo to kill the noise). I had to take everything out of my car in fear for theft. The glass will be fixed ASAP and re-tinted eventually.

All in all, vandals can rot in battery acid.

The horror:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v157/kappapsi497/2005/IMG_0502.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v157/kappapsi497/2005/IMG_0503.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v157/kappapsi497/2005/IMG_0504.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v157/kappapsi497/2005/IMG_0505.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v157/kappapsi497/2005/IMG_0506.jpg

Not to mention, the dirtiest my car has been all winter. So yeah, a double shot to the heart on that nite :).

Big Leegr
02-28-2005, 04:02 PM
Yep.... mindless destruction is sometimes the worst.

Is the paint in good shape? When my side window got smashed, they "ricocheted" off the door too. :(

JaredPointer
02-28-2005, 04:12 PM
Sorry to hear it man. Hopefully everything will be back to normal ASAP.

rabbi
02-28-2005, 04:32 PM
Sorry that happened to you. It makes you sick when that kind of stuff occurs to you. Hope all goes smoothly with your claim.

MS22
02-28-2005, 04:33 PM
That sucks Sean. Its been a hell of a few months for your car; first getting hit in the parking lot and then this. Hopefully the insurance company will act quickly and give you a full reimbursement right down to the tint.

GregCavi
02-28-2005, 04:36 PM
So sorry to hear that sean. I hope they find the people who did that.

Greg

TDMAN
02-28-2005, 04:40 PM
What a drag. When I lived in Chicago, my car got broken into more times than I can count. After stealing my stereo, I never replaced it. So everytime they broke in, they just cost me the price of a window. It sucked. Part of the reason I moved back to Denver.

norahcrv
02-28-2005, 04:42 PM
Sean,
Sorry to see that happen to your beautiful car :(
But it is probably just as well that you didn`t find the *#*@^s responsible!
Hope all is back "ship-shape" & shiny ASAP!
Norah

dalmore
02-28-2005, 04:49 PM
ouch!

travisdecpn
02-28-2005, 05:14 PM
Man, that is horrible. I hate stuff like that.

JaCkaL829
02-28-2005, 06:06 PM
Damn man I really feel bad for you, those situations just suck. :mad:
Hopefully, they catch the vandals and they get whats coming to them.
I think you have some kind of curse with your car and the frat.

cwcad
02-28-2005, 06:14 PM
who can figure random acts of stupid. just try to make the best of it. you did not mention any other damage so i will hope that that was the extent of it.

i know this sounds shallow but the intent is to show support. it is funny how your pictures have given me the impetus to excel. keep up the good work and keep yourself safe.

mtodde
02-28-2005, 06:34 PM
That sucks Sean, but for Philly it doesn`t surprise me in the least. I lived there from 1989-1991 and it was pretty common back then.

Will your insurance cover it or is your deductible too high/more than replacement cost?

Pats300zx
02-28-2005, 06:58 PM
Sorry to see that Sean. Wish I would have known you were in the Phila area..would have been nice to meet one of the masters...

audiboy
02-28-2005, 07:19 PM
ive been seeing a lot of that type of vandalism lately on the forums i visit. it just doesnt make any sense. i hate that some people have no respect for others property. hope your car gets back to normal soon. sorry about your teg.