PDA

View Full Version : Aio?

Solo Cali
04-12-2006, 03:38 PM
Will AIO remove all scratches?

I`m using a PC on #4 with Meg`s polishing pad to apply.(after clay bar bath)

Once I applied my LSP by hand the scratches were gone..... My question is if it claims to be a AIO, what am I doing to cause these fine scratches to the paint?

Double bucket theroy in being applied during wash. MF wipe down, Meg`s finishing pad with PC on #5 to remove AIO. LSP applied by hand and removed with clean MF. Clay bath is being lubed by clean Autosmart car wash and is wet at all times. QD is Meg`s Final Inspection? :think:

Is the Clay Bar the cause?

Solo Cali
04-12-2006, 06:20 PM
Any advice on this one?

a.k.a. Patrick
04-12-2006, 07:52 PM
If you have marring where you didnt before, its probably the clay. AIO of itself, will not remove scratches.........

Solo Cali
04-12-2006, 07:58 PM
Thanks Patrick. I`m using the Sonus clay bar. Should I do away with the soap and water and lube?

If so what lube should I go with?

imported_TheFiveO
04-12-2006, 08:16 PM
Thanks Patrick. I`m using the Sonus clay bar. Should I do away with the soap and water and lube?

If so what lube should I go with?

It`s possible that your clay may either be too agressive or you may have contaminants in it. (Like dust or other small particulates). You may try a gentler clay.

So far as lubes go, clay lubes that is..... :lol take your pick. I have tried Megs, Mark-V,Sonus,FK and they all seem to work fine.

a.k.a. Patrick
04-12-2006, 09:43 PM
Solo, I often use water when claying, so i doubt its the actual lube. Make sure you kneed and turn frequently, dont use uneccessary pressure, avoid circular motion, and avoid long passes, keep your passes relatively short, like 12-18 inches. This will avoid rapid accumualtion of debris which will cause additional marring.

Clay does contain abrasives, so to say you can totally avoid surface marring, may be a little exaggerated.

I usually dont worry about marring as Im polishing (with a true abrasive polish) afterwards anyway.