PDA

View Full Version : The Horror - Please Help

recon
02-28-2005, 01:51 PM
An unopened can of Coke was left in my car last night. The can froze and exploded all over the interior. What is the best way to remove the stains from the ceiling? The ceiling is a light beige. It`s everywhere.

BTW - This is a great forum.

Thanks in advance.

BlackSunshine
02-28-2005, 01:58 PM
You could try to use a spray bottle with some OxyClean in it....spray the spots and follow right behind with wet/dry vac or Blot with MF. I`d probably try a few runs of this before agitating right away to avoid spreading the stain. But that`s my opinion ,I`ve never had this happen before...sorry:(

BlackSunshine
02-28-2005, 01:59 PM
Of course, you should wait to get some more replies.....others may have some experience with this.

MS22
02-28-2005, 02:00 PM
I pretreat all stains with 303 Upholstery Cleaner or Eimann Fabrik Spot Remover and then use Sean`s method of hot water, Oxy clean, and APC. Extract with a little green machine or shop vac. Look at GSRStilez`s Capret and Upholstery Cleaning, it is a well deserved "sticky" in either the Main Street or Pro section.

Beemerboy
02-28-2005, 02:03 PM
On the headliner you do not want to get it wet the glue may loosen up and then it will sag.

I would get a clean white cotton towel folded up then spray on some APC then rub the headliner gently. It should take off the stains I have removed ink, milk, etc this way and it works well.

Good Luck

BlackSunshine
02-28-2005, 02:05 PM
true...don`t get it too wet. although I would blot before rubbing as not to spread or ruff up the liner unnecessarily. Just a thought...

recon
02-28-2005, 02:11 PM
Thank-you everyone. The shop vac is a great idea. The pop has frozen on the headliner. I was able to remove all the stains with the shop vac. Thanks again.

Raedon
03-01-2005, 08:53 AM
Oxy-clean is great stuff but if you have brightly colored Neoprene seat covers it will fade them if not completely removed from the cover after the stain dries.

by bright colors I mean radient almost Neon.