PDA

View Full Version : PC work vs polisher

Envious Eric
04-12-2006, 11:28 AM
What would be a better purchase....4" pads for a PC, or a rotary polisher?.....dollar for dollar, would a polisher be that much better?...i keep hearing about the effectiveness of the 4" pads on a PC

imported_themightytimmah
04-12-2006, 01:59 PM
A rotary is a huge step up, however I paid 220 for mine. The 4" pad kit for a PC shouldn`t run over 50. If you have scratches, etc that you just can`t remove by PC, go for the 4" pads. If you are looking to do production work/work faster, go rotary.

Accumulator
04-12-2006, 03:05 PM
I`d say the same thing. And I kinda like the idea of working with the PC to the point of having fully exploited its abilities. THEN get the rotary.

But I gotta say that I could just as easily argue the other way too, the rotary is a really handy thing to have...but all-in-all the lower cost (and yeah, the admitedly lower performance ;) ) of the PC`s 4" setup makes it sorta a no-brainer to me.

Much as I tend to recommend expensive stuff, when somebody expresses a concern over cost I`d rather *not* recommend a big expenditure unless it`s really needed. How badly do you really *need* the rotary? If you`re not a pro it`s all a matter of "how much better do you want to get hard paint in less time" and how often. FWIW, I can keep the MPV the way I want it without using the rotary but I can`t do that with the Audis.