PDA

View Full Version : HELP! my garage was painting the ceiling

jmoy
04-12-2006, 11:04 AM
My garage was repainting the ceiling white, and they didn`t cover my car as they promised, so now I have all these white spots on the paint :hairpull Any suggestions in cleaning or removing it, TIA

imported_Gears
04-12-2006, 11:09 AM
Try clay with lots of lube.

imported_NT2SHBBY
04-12-2006, 11:11 AM
how does your garage paint anything? My garage just houses my truck, washer and dryer and all my crap... :think: :D

SDLexus
04-12-2006, 11:20 AM
yep, claybar.

Envious Eric
04-12-2006, 11:29 AM
take it to a body shop for repaint if necessary and send the painting company the bill

jmoy
04-12-2006, 11:38 AM
Thanks for the suggestions, my garage is a monthly space, will try claying this weekend

kompressornsc
04-12-2006, 12:30 PM
A few years ago, a neighbor was having his house painted and even though they tried to put up wind block, the paint went all over my Cherokee. Now, this was in my pre-Autopian days and I had no idea what to do so they told me to take it to a detailer and have it fixed and they would pay. Detailer charged $750 to fix it, and it honestly wasn`t that bad. I know now that some clay & lube would have taken care of it in about an hour. Painter paid, but wasn`t happy about it-fortunately, he had recommended the place.

SDLexus
04-13-2006, 06:18 PM
A few years ago, a neighbor was having his house painted and even though they tried to put up wind block, the paint went all over my Cherokee. Now, this was in my pre-Autopian days and I had no idea what to do so they told me to take it to a detailer and have it fixed and they would pay. Detailer charged $750 to fix it, and it honestly wasn`t that bad. I know now that some clay & lube would have taken care of it in about an hour. Painter paid, but wasn`t happy about it-fortunately, he had recommended the place.

Did you tell the detailer that the painter was picking up the tab? If so, he probably inflated the price tenfold.

EdLancer
04-13-2006, 09:52 PM
I remember that happened to my dad`s car a coupe years back, he puntured a hole in a can of white spray paint and those darn specks travelled at least 100 foot and landed all over his car, he tried to clean most of it with laquer thinner, to this day there are still some specks left all around even after all that polishing I did for him.

NEW AGAIN
04-13-2006, 11:35 PM
3M adhesive remover then clay, Polish with either Meguiars Speedglaze/Menzerna Intense Polish if light color you can go straight to a LSP If dark color go to a final polish then your LSP Goodluck

velobard
04-14-2006, 07:36 AM
How about a full repaint on the painter`s and garage owner`s tab. :p

Neo62381
04-14-2006, 11:13 PM
;) A .45 auto loaded with some of the nastiest hollowpoints you can find would suffice. Man would I be mad if that happened to me! But yeah, clay should work fine.

imported_themightytimmah
04-15-2006, 01:26 AM
You`re probably gonna wanna use the red (overspray) clay and not the milder sort. It`ll mar slightly, so follow with OCP or equivalent.

firegate
04-15-2006, 08:57 AM
I`d honestly take it to a professional detailer, for no reason other reason than the fact that you recieve a receipt detailing what was done and the costs which you can then use to obtain reimbursement.