PDA

View Full Version : Need some process help (?)

SRT4
04-11-2006, 08:22 PM
Hey all,

Just ordered a PC and I am planning on claying/polishing/waxing me and my friends car. Both are SRT4`s so I am familiar with the car itself, but in all honesty I have only used a PC once, and I am kinda hazy on the correct process and what products to use. So if someone can shed some light on what the heck I actually do, it would be greatly appriciated. I have read articles on how to USE the PC, but which products to use.

Here are the products I have:

VM

Wolfgang PreWax Polish Enhancer

EX-P

Wolfgang deep gloss paint sealant

NXT wax

Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax

PC with Orange, White, grey pads.

The cars will be washed/clayed prior to the polishing waxing stages.

They are fairly new cars and are decently shiney and in good shape (I don`t think there is a lot of swirls on his car.)

What process do I take for the best shine?

a.k.a. Patrick
04-11-2006, 08:40 PM
Sounds like you have 4 wax/sealants, 1 mild polish/glaze, and 1 paint cleaner......

With the products listed, I would start off with the paint cleaner, then VM, then the sealant of choice. ....You could actually use either the cleaner before or after VM, and have different results...If you use the cleaner after VM, then you lose the filling prop`s of VM, and only utilize its light polishing qualities. Use the cleaner first, you remove paint deadness, and give the VM a cleaner surface to polish.....

I would go with the EX-P, it probably has the best durability of the 4 mentioned.

As for the pads mentioned, i think the Orange is the more aggressive of the three, followed by white which is a light polishing, and grey for finishing and selant application...