PDA

View Full Version : Need a pad suggestion

Vw Gti
04-11-2006, 07:07 PM
Sorry for not searching but i felt i needed to refresh your memory.

I need to find a good cutting pad. Today i tried to use Sonus SFX-2 White foam pad with Optimum POlish on my roof since i have heavy oxidation thanks to Georgia. I can tell it worked because when looked from the top i cannot see the oxidation but i can see it from the side view. I am certain this is because the white SFX-2 pad is not aggressive enough.

I only put on 2 coats of Zaino with Z-8 at the end because i knew i would have to polish the roof and the hood (the worst parts).

I have the SFX-1 yellow pad coming in and i want to know if it will be aggresive enough. I use the PC 7336.

To sum it up, is the SFX-1 foam pad aggresive enough? The water spots can be seen soooo bad from the side view its driving me crazy!

When I get the Yellow foam pad, how long can i work an area before i take off too much clear coat? I drive a VW. I will be using Optimum Polish.

Edit: I just placed an order for Klasse AIO cause i read its good for oxidation but what about water damage? I also ordered some 3m Perfect it II rubbing compound, how aggresive is this? I also ordered Dual action 6.5" orange light cutting pad and white polishing pad for my 5" backing plate. Also got Cobra towerl Combo kit, how are these micro towels?