PDA

View Full Version : Let`s teach car dealers a lesson

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Scottwax
04-11-2006, 03:42 PM
I have a growing collection of dealer emblems I have pulled off customer`s cars. Everyone seems to hate them yet dealer persist in glueing their ad to the back of a customer`s car. Turnabout is fair play.

Next time a dealer buys a nice suit, the tailor should affix a large metal plate to the back of it with their business name. They buy a HDTV from Best Buy? BB puts a large metal plate on the actual screen (since dealers attach theirs to the paint). Their car insurance agent, their mechanic, NTB, Discount Tire (or whoever they buy tires from), etc get to put their emblems on the dealer`s car. Their house gets large emblems denoting the builder and real estate agent. Their kids get the name of the hospital they were born at tattooed to their forehead. The possibilities are endless!

Seriously, who else but car dealers have the stones to glue an ugly hunk of metal onto something their customers bought and try and force them to advertise for them?

the other pc
04-11-2006, 04:09 PM
Another great thing about California :cool: , we don`t get those #@$%!! dealer badges here. You only see them on cars that came in from another state.

PC.

jimmie jam
04-11-2006, 04:17 PM
it doesn`t even get that far with me. i TELL them not to put them on when i cut the deal. :nono when i take delivery and their on. i don`t pay untill they come off. and I LOVE THAT PART of buying a new car!!!!!!!! :grinno: :rofl

drck1000
04-11-2006, 04:31 PM
None of the dealerships in Hawaii do that. When I lived in Seattle, I noticed a lot of cars from the midwest and the southeast that had either those badges or stenciled stickers somewhere on the rear of the car. There is one dealership here that puts on mudflaps on SUV`s and larger trucks with their company logo. I think it looks awful! I think even the license plate holders with a salesperson`s name on it are too much.

marko
04-11-2006, 04:39 PM
I couldn`t agree more. it`s forced advertising. worse, a class action suit. and they tend to be fairly unattractive for whatever reason and consistently so year after year.

dig this: it`s my understanding that in U.K. the original tags remain with the car for the duration, and without exception (in my experience, at least) bear the name of the dealership. it`s somewhat discrete, but it`s there for the life of the car.

laynlow
04-11-2006, 05:28 PM
Seriously, who else but car dealers have the stones to glue an ugly hunk of metal onto something their customers bought and try and force them to advertise for them?

Fence builders, and I hate their signs too.

BobD
04-11-2006, 05:31 PM
it doesn`t even get that far with me. i TELL them not to put them on when i cut the deal. :nono when i take delivery and their on. i don`t pay untill they come off. and I LOVE THAT PART of buying a new car!!!!!!!! :grinno: :rofl

Me too. I tell my dealer that I don`t want the ad stuck on my car or in the form of a license plate on the front where they have to drill into the bumper to affix. LOL

imported_Gears
04-11-2006, 06:10 PM
I hate car dealers. I hated them even more when I was a salesman.

I hesitate to mention it but many of the cars that I see in the Click & Brag are sporting a dealers cheapo plastic license frames. Hey even if its a good customer do them a favor and tell them those things have got to go.

I really don`t understand why when someone buys a used car from a different brand dealer they will drive around with that plastic advertising frame.

LOOK AT ME I BOUGHT A USED CAR I just don`t get it. Hey nothing wrong with buying used but why tell everyone?

jvriii1942
04-11-2006, 06:14 PM
Amen! :hairpull :furious: :angry :spit: :nomore:

imported_truzoom
04-11-2006, 06:16 PM
A place here called DIFFEE actually paints on logos on the backs of cars.

derek37
04-11-2006, 06:23 PM
i agree with all that is said. The bad part about it is most people don`t even realize or care if that emblem/sticker or license frame is even on there. Just like most folks don`t care if their 25K or higher car is EVEN clean :hairpull

Idiots :wall

Setec Astronomy
04-11-2006, 06:27 PM

Years ago my mother bought a new Olds with an FE3 (suspension) insignia on the trunklid and they had the "stones" to pull it off to put the dealer badge in its place (other side of the trunklid had some other insignia)!

I have seen this trend...it scares me! I have gotten really good at pulling off the stick-on badges...painted is upping the ante....

Scottwax
04-11-2006, 07:02 PM

I`d refuse the car. Seriously.

If I see a dealer emblem on a car, that is a dealer I will make it a point to not even shop for a car.

David Fermani
04-11-2006, 08:12 PM
I use to collect dealership license plate frames from all the cars that came into my shop until one day I realized how dumb it was!! I threw out 4 garbage bags full of them and felt like a hugh burden was lifted from off my shoulders.

Scottwax
04-11-2006, 08:20 PM
I use to collect dealership license plate frames from all the cars that came into my shop until one day I realized how dumb it was!! I threw out 4 garbage bags full of them and felt like a hugh burden was lifted from off my shoulders.

What you could have done was call one of the local news stations and see if they were interested in doing a story about how mad people are about this forced advertising. :nixweiss