PDA

View Full Version : Using AIO on light blue met. car?

57_300SL
04-11-2006, 09:14 AM
I am about to do a Spring polish/Sealant job on a light blue metallic car. The pant is in exellent condition with only Very minor, if any, imperfections. This is another show car/garage queen that is driven less than 1,000 miles a year. This is my process:

wash

clay

M80 (PC)

M21x2 (PC)

My question is would there be any benefit in using AIO between the M80 and M21. If so, what would it be? If not, would it detract from the depth, shine, wetness and/or clearity?

Thanks,

Accumulator
04-11-2006, 09:43 AM
My question is would there be any benefit in using AIO between the M80 and M21. If so, what would it be? If not, would it detract from the depth, shine, wetness and/or clearity?

Using AIO will have a detrimental effect on this one. It`d strip off the trade secret oils that the #80 leaves behind, reducing depth and wetness and probably also the shine. It might improve the clarity a tiny bit (just possible, not even likely) but the trade-off wouldn`t be worth it. Keep AIO out of the mix, it`ll be handy for other stuff including your wheels and maybe painted areas under the hood/etc. where you won`t want to bother breaking down the #80 and won`t need its abrasiveness as much as the AIO`s cleaning abilities.

BTW, your posts here and at MOL about your SL got me thinking about older Benzes and sorta started a chain of events that led up to buying my wife a `70 6.3 :D

57_300SL
04-11-2006, 11:13 AM
Accumulator, Thanks for the reply. `70 6.3 is a Great Car! Story goes that one competed in one of the origional Cannon Ball races in the early `70. The drivers didn`t think they had a chance of winning in a sedan because of the gas milage so they decided to record the most fuel used. They waisted an extra 45 min. at the gas stations waiting for receipts. Well wouldn`t you know they came in second by 33 min. lol Very fast sedan. Just keep an eye on the air suspension.

Todd