PDA

View Full Version : Aghh Help! OCW streaking!

zgrm
04-10-2006, 10:05 PM
Hi guys. So this is my first time detailing my my car. 2001 Sterling Mist Maxima... I washed, then clayed then washed again. But how exactly do I apply the OCW?

I am using the plush (2-pack) Vroom towels from target to apply. I sprayed on the hood and then when I went to wipe off with the MF towel it simply streaked. Like you can totally see where I was moving the MF towel. This is only a problem on the hood everywhere else came out fine. What am I doing wrong??? Is this just not a good towel? It seemed to leave streaks but I hope I wont be able to see them in the morning. Since it was getting dark already. But guys help! Why is this occuring?

Scottwax
04-10-2006, 10:07 PM
Could be the hood was still warm or you were simply using too much product. Lightly spray, wipe into the paint, flip the towel for the final wipe.

I`ve had problems with carnaubas (mostly) streaking on the hood when it is still warm from the engine.

a.k.a. Patrick
04-11-2006, 05:08 AM
and/or............

It dried befor you could get to it. I bet your finding the streaks towrds the center of the hood? Also, make sure you shake OCW real good while using it. Another trick you can use is 2 towels, and spray the product on one, wipe surface, wipe surface with other towel.....

zgrm
04-11-2006, 03:45 PM
thanks guys. NEx time Ill do what you recommend but I gotta say this morning the car looked beautiful! Streaks where gone. I guess I applied too much product. Thanks everyone. Now I just need to take a picture of a stain on my hood. I think it is an etch from bird **** or something since I never really bothered to take care of my paint. I might have to get a PC and polish it lol assuming I can get it off by polishing. Thanks guys.

Scottwax
04-11-2006, 03:46 PM
Amazing how good a spray that is so easy to use can make your car look, eh? :)

zgrm
04-11-2006, 03:51 PM
yupp Thanks scottwax. I think you`re the one who suggested it to me in the previous thread, so thanks a lot buddy.

Im already thinking of applying another coat lol when I just did it last night.

zgrm
04-11-2006, 04:20 PM
By the way. Do you think I can apply AJ on top of the OCW? Will I ge a noticeable extra shine/wetness look on the sterling mist color? Any benefits of doing this or wil the AJ not bond well to the OCW? Thanks.